DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Missing Sounds in Skyrim

Arion

I'm stumped on this one. Haven't played Skyrim since I installed Fallout NV and now when I go into Skyrim I don't have any of the normal sounds. Such as doors opening and closing, magic spell sounds, footsteps. Only sounds I have are dialogue and character grunting when fighting. No music or anything.

Everything was working fine until I installed Fallout. I've checked my sound settings in the control panel, Skyrim's settings, Fallout's settings ( sound is fine), Oblivion's settings (sound works fine). I've verified my files for Skyrim to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it?

Mod list for what? I haven't added any mods to Skyrim since I last played and the only mod I have for fallout NV is Willie's leveler's house..

Skyrim LO

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 Dragonborn.esm
04 ApachiiHair.esm
05 RaceCompatibility.esm
06 CMNewCompanions.esm
07 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
08 LevelersTower.esm
09 moonpath.esm
0A HighResTexturePack01.esp
0B HighResTexturePack02.esp
0C HighResTexturePack03.esp
0D Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.2c]
0E RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
0F Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.2]
10 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.3]
11 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.1.1]
12 Rainbows.esp
13 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RCRN Classic.esp
14 ShootingStars.esp
15 LayerBikini.esp
16 ArieFarm.esp
17 moonpath_questdata.esp
18 Wickwood.esp
19 dovahkiinrelax.esp
1A LunariRace.esp
1B MysticalElvesV1.5.esp
1C CMNewCompanions.esp
1D FollowerWander2.esp
1E Purewaters.esp
1F PurewatersDG.esp
20 PurewatersDB.esp
21 Arie Horse.esp
22 The Ningheim.esp

Fallout LO

FalloutNV.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

LevelersHouse.esp

As I stated Skyrim was workign perfectly exactly the way it is before I installed Fallout NV.... What did steam do that screwed things up?

Make steam validate the files, that should fix any files that may have been broken.

I've done that 3 times already.. First time it said 5 files (only saw 1 download and no idea what it was., 2nd time it was 1 file, and 3rd time nothing. I only have sound for dialogue. No other sounds like music, footsteps, magic effects or anything.

I've uninstalled F:NV and deleted all the saved games etc (not a big deal cuz I was starting over anyway)

I'm really worried about reinstalling Skyrim as I doubt I'd get all my mods back where it is (personal ones) since we have no utility yet to pull out our assets.

I'm at a loss here. Seems nothing I do is helping

I'm sure going to be mad if that's the case.. I've deleted everything and in the process or reinstalling Steam and all my games :(

Sound setting were 4800 and 16 bit and that's what it's been since I can remember. Oblivion and Skyrim were working fine until I installed Fallout. Unless Fallout changed my sound device settings without me knowing it that might be the cause.. I'll update here when I finish installing everything again.

I may have changed this originally so that Skyrim was working and Fallout might have changed the settings? I don't see it doing that but we'll see. I just know everything regarding sound worked on the computer (still does except Skyrim now)

:dizzy:

Edited by Arion

I verified that the settings were set up normally.

I just got really stupid and downloaded Skyrim again and noticed that the CK and none of the DLCs were installed so I told it to delete the CK files so I could reinstall them and darned if it didn't delete ALL my files and I'm now downloading all over again.. On a postive note I went into Sjyrim after it finished downloading and I had all my sounds back.. Now I just have to wait for everything to download again and see what I can do about reinstalling all my stuff without blowing it up again.... *crosses fingers*

PS.. I should have just told it to verify the CK files :doh:

Well after a day of misteps I have my sound back again.....

Uninstalled all my steam games and the CK. Deleted whatever folders were left. Uinstalled Steam.

Ran recycle bin, disk clean up and disk defrag and started reinstalling everything.

So far everything is working and its just a matter or reinstalling all my mods and testing along the way. (ps - did copy all my files from previous install to a backup drive) :)