DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIP Daedric Ruins Dungeon Mesh

SpectralDragon

I took it upon myself to attempt some daedric ruins dungeon meshes, similair to those in morrowind. I would love to see these in skyrim and so have taken it upon myself to make them.

Keep in mind, this is only my second mesh made in blender and my first mesh was made with the new version of blender, so while I am definitely looking for advice and feedback, if I say it is going over my head please be patient with me.

The first thing I did was import a nordic big hall mesh. I did this for the simple fact that I needed to know how big this stuff needed to be. After keeping some of the faces that were on the outermost edges and deleting everything else I began with a very simple box which I decided I would then slowly "mold."

Once I had that basic shape, and a couple pictures for refference, I began molding it.

The plan is to make a full ruin set for use as a modder resource. Halls, Rooms, Exterior. I may or may not do clutter. We will see once I get some experience in blender.

Anyway, you guys aren't interested in reading. First WIP screenshot of large hall:

Any comments and suggestions are very welcome.

gallery_34770_434_5587.jpg

• 5 months later...

I know it's been a while and that I am a new computer modeller, but I am excited by my progress of late and wanted to share with the rest of you.

I took a nordic hall to make this. Currently it is in collada format (I find blender 2.49 hard to work with,) and I am hoping to simply use a program like nifscope or nifconvert (know nothing about nifconvert but will check it out today,) to make it a proper nif. Since I am not animating anything as of yet and, further, I am only making shells I think this is viable. Here is my progress so far (far from complete.)

gallery_34770_434_151892.png

As I am not done I will not be taking on the (imho) even tougher task of texturing this until it is in a complete state. I may remove the rubble on the bottom although I am going to keep the ruined, broken section of wall on the right side.

This picture is providing some of my inspiration for this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/5049/? (I believe the mod author has stopped working on this.)  I want to use similar textures for my own ruins but have to make them myself as direct porting is illegal. (Anyone who cares to step up to the plate and prevent a new amateur from taking forever to get this done is welcome.) My own vision would be similair but with black spikes and a bit of the ebony metal showing just underneath the sharp curves (The metal bits I still need to add.)

BTW, the above mesh in the first post has been scrapped. (Would have been too many polygons.)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...