DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Greetings and Salutations

Rhian

As always... where to start without writing a whole novel  ;-)

Alright, here we go.

I am a gamer (1977er built) at heart ever since I was old enough to hold a joystick, mouse and using a keyboard. Together with fantasy and scifi movies, books and also Pen & Paper - over the years and the older I became I always wanted to do create or join existing "Universes" with my own ideas.

My first TES Game was Daggerfall  (Have to play Arena & Battle Spire again... never got to finish it) - and ever since my love belonged to TES. I still like the Ultima and Faerûn universe, but the TES universe won me over.

Why I am here.

Probably for the same reason most come here :) making Mods or creating stuff for Mods.

I was looking for a mature and friendly TES Modder community. A dear friend told me about TES Alliance and now I am here.

I am an absolute Newbie when it comes to modding. I tried my hands long ago on Morrowind and a little with Oblivion - though now I want to do more than just creating NPCs and changing names or textures.

My skills are more or less my ideas, some basic modelling (props, not rigged/animated stuff), and creating textures.

So I do not come totally empty handed :3

Currently I am working on a Skyrim Mod that will grow and grow until I am done. You could say I divided the plans different stages. No point in doing all at once and having a buggy and messy Mod in the End ;-)

To give an Idea:

Stage 1)

Manipulated Outdoor Cell with Custom NPCs and a few Custom Models/Meshes...

Custom Sandboxes...(Once I messed up one and had half of Skyrim at my outdoor cell - crashing the game O_O)

Stage 2)

Linked Indoor Cells (reachable by portals) - more custom NPCs... custom Meshes...

Friend told me that if a cell gets too big and too full with items and NPCs, it laggs... and right she is.

Stage 3)

Dialogues & maybe Quests if I ever get the hang of it.

It's a big project, but I do not mind. I love working on it bit by bit. Though, I got some questions (which I will ask at a different section) about a few things - because the Wiki's I found so far weren't really entirely conclusive about certain Features.

Maybe I find the help here, I couldn't get at the other Skyrim/TES Sites Hubs.

That's so far about me.

Hopefully, I also can provide some nice Resources in the near future - textures or models useable for whatever Mod Project / Game one is currently working at :)

• Upvote 2

Welcome to TESA :wave:

Thank you :)

It's a very nice place  here - and I already got a bunch of your resources for my mod project. Thanks for sharing those.

I really hope I can share my own items soon (still new at this... NifSkope hates me)

Welcome Rhian :cookie4u:

Check out the classes here for the information to answer your questions before you have to ask them.  Looking forward to seeing what you create.  :good:

Eeeeks, already posted some questions regarding my project *hides under her bed*

Though most of them concern "Dos and don'ts"  a beginner should heed. I tend to stuff my mods with too much "clutter/creatures/light" off all sorts.

Some of the questions I never have seen being discussed or addressed anywhere (asked yes, but never answered)

But I certainly will check out the classes and see what I can use for my Mod.

Man, can't wait for my vacation and getting finally to modelling a few missing assets :)

Edited by Rhian

• 4 weeks later...