DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] AI package won't lock / unlock doors properly

Ashenfire

I created a sandbox package to unlock a door when going to breakfast.

I created a sandbox package to lock a door when going to sleep.

I tested the sleep package and it works.  The door unlocked when I use

the command 'unlock' in the game.  5 minutes later the sleep package

is activated and the NPC will go inside his house and lock his door.

So why is it, that I reversed the process by duplicating a successful package;

switched locations and it won't work for UNLOCKING?

The NPC will walk outside and sandbox at the time I tell him to.  This is how

I know the AI package has activated.  He is supposed to unlock the door when

he comes outside.  I have tried many 'location' types; editor location, package,

ref location; etc.

Does it matter, that I tell him to transition and THEN unlock?

Edited by Ashenfire

I am intermediate, not a rookie.

Yes I finalized my mesh.

Yes I use my 'test' game. 

I literally made a save game 1 minute after my character flees to riverwood.

The game was saved with the mod never being loaded.

I then activated my mod.

When that does not work I will quit the game, load the game and instead of

pressing 'continue', I will COC to my cell.

He will lock the door at the scheduled time.  He won't unlock.

For some reason, my 2nd character will sandbox idles and furniture even though

NO packages are installed.  I removed them all.

Well, your not saying that you checked the obvious things, so I can only assume you did not.

Really, they have AI with none added on the NPC? Sounds like corruption of some kind. Are you sure your mod was not activated when you started the new game?

Anyway, I have heard that sometimes, when your making several changes to an NPC, that they just become corrupt in the mod itself. The only way to fix it is to create a new NPC and place them, removing the old one.

Its weird for sure.  I was under the impression that they would stand in one place all day unless I put a package on

them.

You know how you start a game and get the cutscene of your character bound and headed for execution?

I made a save game once I was unbound and was in riverwood.   The mod was not active.

Also, I start the game and in the menu where you get to continue or load a game, I type 'coc + the name of my cell' and

bypass any save game.  I rarely use my test save game in riverwood.

I have no other mods active (double checked by steam load list and nexxus mod manager which I used to delete the

.esp files in the game directory).

So all my testing is on a mod that should look natural.  It has no dialogue or story manager to worry about aliases;etc.

What is also perplexing is that I check 'lock on arrival ' and it works perfect, however  when I uncheck it,

the door will still get locked sometimes. I literally keep track of the packages I create, so I can verify other packages

are not interfering.  So why is it that I removed the 'unlock' and 'lock' option from all packages and the door gets

locked anyways?  Not sure if it is related to my 2nd character who is sandboxing without packages.

Edited by Ashenfire

To be clear.. I am talking about a boss that is supposed to lock/unlock a door depending on his shift.  He has AI

packages.  He has the house key.  The house cell has a faction that he is a member of.   His faction has 'can be owner'

check marked.  The door is locked flawlessly when he enters the house at the end of his shift.  He actually will travel

inside his house and sandbox.

Once inside...he will wake up and at the beginning of his shift, he will go outside and sandbox.  The door however, refuses to unlock.

If the player enters his house, his belongings reflect the red, Steal option.  The way I wanted it.

The second NPC, his foreman had packages, then I stripped the packages from her AI package tab.  The packages still

exist but she is ordered not to use any packages, not even defaultsandbox packages.  For some reason, she will still

use furniture and idle markers.

I went on youtube only because I couldn't find it quick enough in another way.  I went there to make sure I was making

the boss the owner of the house to unlock it.  I was under the impression anyone in the faction could lock/unlock the

door.  Is that true?

Am I missing something?

Edited by Ashenfire

• 5 months later...

Request lock on this thread.  Issue resolved.

I had copied a SLEEP package and found out much later that it will only do the lock portion.

Once I removed the sleep package and used a standard new package, my characters unlock the doors

at will.

So the answer is do not use a sleep package to sandbox an area and expect the NPC to UNLOCK any

doors.  Only use it for sleep time. 

Good idea Willie, on the make a new npc.  I was about to do what you suggested but realized after much

investigation on the net, I made the wrong package routine.

Yayy!  its solved..  

When that does not work I will quit the game, load the game and instead of

pressing 'continue', I will COC to my cell.

He will lock the door at the scheduled time.  He won't unlock.

For some reason, my 2nd character will sandbox idles and furniture even though

NO packages are installed.  I removed them all.

Remember when no package in the ai package list is valid and the default package list entry is not empty, it will get evaluated from top to bottom.