DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz/Relz] Light Stone Manor

JayCrane

Project: Light Stone Manor
Author: SJ
Category: Abodes - Player homes, houses and dwellings.
Project Version: 1.2.1

Prerequisites:
  • Updated Skyrim 1.9.32.0
  • All the DLC
Usage Rights/Permissions: My Mod is not to be altered in any form and uploaded elsewhere.

Features:
  • Heated pool area and aquarium
  • Master Bedroom
  • Armoury
  • Kitchen Area
  • 1 New NPC: Karmen (Merchant)
  • Interior Fully Navmeshed
  • Lots of safe, non-respawn storage
  • Garden and Wood Chopping Block
  • 4 Mannequins

F.A.Q:

1. Was it tested with TES5Edit?
A. It was tested and cleaned of any dirty edits that were found with TES5 Edit 3.0.31.

2. Do I need to download anything else for the mod to work?
A. Anything you need for it should be included.

3. How do I find it?
A. It's South-east of Riverwood. See the Map of where to find it.

4. What DLC does it required?
A. All of the DLC are required for it to work.
5. My game lags when I enter the house!
A. It is trying to load all the files. Just let it be for a little bit.

6. Can I move my spouses/kids/followers in?
A. You can move your spouses and followers in with the appropriate mods (Spouses Can Live Everywhere and My Home is Your Home) though not any kids.

7. Can I marry Karmen?
A. No, she is not available as a potential spouse option.

8. The mannequins are everywhere!
A. It is recommended you are using the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (USKP) to fix the Mannequins from wandering. Otherwise, try reloading a save outside of the Manor (in another cell altogether - not an autosave either) and go in.

10. This is very laggy!
A. Let the Manor load for a second or two and it should work.

Issues:
None at the moment.

Credits:
  • Dwemer Aquarium (by Blary) and Sjel Blad Castle (by Sbrownx), and Atennaria (by Arafura) for inspiration
  • BrettM for his FPI Experiment + Aquarium resources, testing earlier stages of the WIP and giving me fantastic feedback on it. A really big thank you!
  • Big thanks to julius_007_03, DayDreamer, Thomas Kaira, KNakamura, Arthmoor and Sharlikran all for their pointers. It definitely has helped move things along with this project.
  • InsanitySorrow for the Rugs, Paintings, Soap, Towels, Divider, Blankets resources
  • Tamira for the Statue, Oven, Plants, Cupboard resources
  • Blary for the Open Books and Food containers resources
  • Oaristys' & Tony67's Planters resources
  • Horrowview for Sexy Solitude (Screenshots)
  • Somber Antique Lut Sepia by Tansarville (Screenshots)
  • RealVision ENB by SkyrimTuner (Screenshots)
  • Tamriel Reloaded - Textures and Parallax by 32cm (Screenshots)
  • A Matter of Time by SkyAmgio (Screenshots)
  • Enhanced Character Edit by tktk (Screenshots)
  • Ethereal Overhaul by Nuska (Screenshots)
  • RealVision ENB by SkyrimTuner (Screenshots)

Download

Download at AFKMods

Edited by SilverSongM

I got out of my comfort zone of making small compact homes and had a go at making a Manor instead. I was inspired by Sjel Blad Castle and Dwemer Aquarium to do it, and so far, the only parts I have complete/semi-complete is the Kitchen, bathroom/aquarium, main hall, master bedroom areas. I've been working on it for four days now and I'm still going. There's not much to it yet and I'll put in a dropbox link to download it  when I've finished more for testing. But for now, I'm just showing screenshots of what I've got so far. I'm keeping progress bars below of each of the rooms.

gallery_33484_439_151983.png

gallery_33484_439_138741.png

gallery_33484_439_1074320.png

gallery_33484_439_102268.png

Edited by SilverSongM

You're "out of your comfort zone" and did all this in four days? I think I feel faint. It looks fantastic.

Personally, though, I would probably shrink that big floor vase in the middle of the table to about half size or maybe less. Somehow it seems a bit out of place at full size, overwhelming everything around it. But, people tell me my taste is all in my mouth and my tongue has gone on vacation. :)

You're "out of your comfort zone" and did all this in four days? I think I feel faint. It looks fantastic.

Personally, though, I would probably shrink that big floor vase in the middle of the table to about half size or maybe less. Somehow it seems a bit out of place at full size, overwhelming everything around it. But, people tell me my taste is all in my mouth and my tongue has gone on vacation. :)

I've reduced the scale to 0.7000. https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-os_MK7O-gTY/Ukju2E2SusI/AAAAAAAAASs/d_lu-UyzzD8/w972-h458-no/CreationKit+2013-09-30+11-34-37-14.bmp

Thank you. It's all still quite rough haha. I gotta polish it up when I have all the rooms 100% built. :)

Edited by SilverSongM

Nice place! I really like the direction you seem headed with the main hall. Looks very welcoming to visitors and like a great place to kick back for the residents. The pool room is pretty impressive, as well.

Why three cells at this point, though, for a place that doesn't seem all that large? In fact, in some ways it seems pretty cramped for a manor. I keep expecting to hit my head on those promenade arch thingies between the Hall and door to the pool room, and have a hard time navigating around the narrow open spaces in the kitchen. But then, I can be a real kutz. Still, I'd take a look at kitchens in places like Dragonsreach and the Windhelm palace as the kind of model for the spaciousness I'd expect in a manor kitchen. And move those arches UP five or six feet more. :)

Wow, you really scaled up that aquarium! I don't think you'll want to use my new fishies in that thing. It looks great, though. The only thing I'd change about it is to retexture the bottom panel to match the dirt. That's the main reason I made it a separate panel from all the other parts -- so it could be retextured to conform to terrain-type-stuff if one wanted to make a terrarium or some sort of diorama (like the one I did with the giant and mammoth).

Edit: To add a few more thoughts on the scale. You start out in a grand, spacious entry hall that looks very manor-like. But, when you walk into the kitchen, suddenly you're back in a cozy little cottage.

For a manor, what you need is a BIG kitchen with cozy areas. A cooking area with lots of food handy and stuff in preparation in one spot. A cozy breakfast area in another. Storage area somewhere where the crates aren't in your lap at the table. Then, go one step further and attach a good-sized dining hall. Not Dragonsreach size -- something more modest but still a distinct dining area capable of seating, say, 6-10. Why own a manor if you're not going to show off by throwing big dinner parties? ;)

The BYOH houses are an example, with a big central dining hall and a kitchen in its own connected wing. That says "manor" rather than "cottage" even though the Hearthfire houses are not really all that big. Look around at places like Nepo's house in Markarth, Vindrel Hall, Proudspire, or Goldenglow Estate to get your manorly mojo going. :)

Edited by BrettM
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the pointers. :heyyou:

I've expanded a bit the on the hall; I added a smaller hallway where the door to the pool originally was and moved the door into that hall with the door to the kitchen, and the courtyard (which I haven't started yet). I've also put in some scenery on the outside like I did with the kitchen cell that the player can look out too. Speaking of which, I combined the kitchen to the hall cell and got some work done for it: expanded its space, put in a walk in pantry for storage, two bunks for in-progress staff NPCs, a cooking spit and moved one of the small tables from the hall in as a breakfast table. I put the long table in the main hall as it's the big social room.  At the moment my task is working on the NPCs and their AI's.

Ah, cheers. I'll probably do that before I start to polish it all up. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took some steps back for the manor and decided to reconstruct the hall in a new cell. A tad smaller though. Like Proudspire, I'm aiming for a spacious manor but not so much castle size. I have the rooms (except from the pool/aquarium) attached to the hall cell, but separated onto 3 floors: the bottom floor containing the display room/armory, the kitchen, and the door to the pool/aquarium; the middle floor is the hall with a door to the courtyard, and the third floor is where the rooms are.  I finished off the merchant NPC (Karmen) and placed her in along with a smaller room with three beds. Posting up screenshot links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5q0y680xvc018i/CreationKit%202013-10-06%2000-38-12-34.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjdtwvjfet8wnhj/CreationKit%202013-10-06%2000-53-00-64.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjjt3if8o2coxfd/CreationKit%202013-10-06%2000-52-25-01.bmp

Edited by SilverSongM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Silver, this version is crashing both the CK and the game for me, immediately upon load. My game load order is:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esm).esm=1
GeneralStores.esm=1
GeneralStores(CCS-DG-HF).esp=1
Dawnguard(GS).esp=1
HearthFireStores(GS).esp=1
CraftableCloudStorage(GS).esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Item Sorting by Saige.esp=1
Item Sorting DG by Saige.esp=1
Item Sorting DB by Saige.esp=1
Item Sorting HF by Saige.esp=1
0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(esp.2.0).esp=1
0001BertsBreezehomeRemodel.V.2(Grotto).esp=1
HjerimChests.esp=1
ShezriesHFKitchenHel.esp=1
ShezriesHFKitchen.esp=1
ShezriesWinstadHearthfireKitchen.esp=1
AK- Placeable Statics.esp=1
AK- Placeable Statics - Hearthfire.esp=1
AK- Buyable Paintings and Pictures.esp=1
mmmoveablesachel.esp=1
RangerArmor.esp=1
ArmoredCircletsQuickFox.esp=1
CraftableHoods.esp=1
DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp=1
1nivPantsArmor.esp=1
HeroicDragonscale.esp=1
Ivory.esp=1
Psiijic_Master_Outfits.esp=1
FPI Gallery.esp=0
FPI Research.esp=0
LevelersTower.esp=0
Lakeview.esp=0
LightCreekManor.esp=1

I've downloaded a couple of times just to be sure the download wasn't corrupted or something. I didn't try the v1 Beta, so I don't know if I would have had the same problem with it.

First results: This breaks Touring Carriages (the navmesh on the path appears not to be very happy about it.)

Second results: I got past that by basically generating a throwaway via LAL to get to Rorikstead real quickly. So, I wandered around.

I'm not so sure why I can buy Blades gear, or if it's a good idea.  The general design of the bottom floor is nice, and the pool/aquarium was a nice touch. Random goblet on the floor, though, not sure if it was intended.

Overall, all of it looks nice, although without a follower I wasn't able to check navmeshes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...