DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NifSkope problem Skyrim

Ithlia

I am not sure where to ask this so I thought I would try here. My NifSkope has started crashing every time I try to change the texture path on a mesh. I get to the folder where the texture is located. click on it and NifSkope crashes. I've used NifSkope for years now and have never had this problem so I'm guessing that I accidentally changed something but I have no idea what. This is the problem details

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: NifSkope.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 50a811c3
  Fault Module Name: ddsView.dll
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 3e4c5a72
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 000082c8
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 4105
  Additional Information 1: a7aa
  Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
  Additional Information 3: a7aa
  Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

I can manually type in the texture path but that gets tedious.  Anyone have any idea what I did?

Looks to me like that dll may have just become corrupted. Sometimes that happens when a stray cosmic ray hits your disk drive. :) I would first try just reinstalling NifSkope to replace all the executable files with fresh copies that the cosmic rays haven't gotten to and see if the problem still happens.

I already tried that. Uninstalled and then deleted all NifSkope files... no luck.  However when I did a search on my system to see where that dll is also used it came up as part of my Nvidia card which did an update yesterday.. the same day my NifSkope started crashing.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Nvidia may be responsible.  Is that a possibility?