DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] TES5EDIT - Help Cleaning "Deleted NavMesh Record"

jyujinkai

HI there... sorry for the cross posting of this thread but I really want some help and I seam to be getting no help at Nexus.... It is my understanding that removing deleted NavMeshes is one of the things that TESEDIT is for.. but I just can not get it to work.. and I have looked at the tutorials.. but I still seam to be doing it wrong.

This is what I am doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJHmG7OzJ6w

Here is my original thread. I tried to be clear and use pics and stuff so people could see what was going on.

Hi guys. I know this is a common topic, and I have looked at the tutorials and stuff and still having problems. I hope you guys can claer up where I am going wrong....

I have been tryingto get it working followingthis tutorial... Skyrim: Fixing Navmesh Deletion Using TES5Edit @ iguanadons.net

Untitled_1.jpg

1) I load up TES5EDIT and find the deleted NavMesh.

It is in Cell/Block 8/Sub-Block 7/Temporary/000E0198 Navigation Mesh.

Then according to the tutorial.
2) I right click on the left hand column upon entry "000E0198 Navigation Mesh" and select "remove".
Untitled_1.jpg
3) I get a warning, I hit "YES"
Untitled_3.jpg
4) I get a second warning, I hit "YES" again.
Untitled_2.jpg

This is where is goes all wonky. In the "demo" of the thread Skyrim: Fixing Navmesh Deletion Using TES5Edit @ iguanadons.net it says it should look something like this.... . (Taken directly from that tutorial post)

Fix_Navmesh_Pic7.jpg

See how his image the entry is still there but the right panel is all white... while in my image ... the entire entry is just gone.
Untitled_4.jpg

I think this is the problem, but I do not know what else I am supposed to do. There is more to the tutorial that I can "kinda" do.. but it still doesn't help.... The tutorial says to click on the same ID.. but I can't as it is completely removed. So.. just guessing I click on the ID above it??!!

5) I click on the mesh and select "Change FormID"
Untitled_4.jpg

6) I enter the original erroring NavMesh ID
Untitled_5.jpg

7) The same looking box that pops up in the tutorial appears. I right click and "select all" hit OK, and the box pops up again (as it says it should) and I hit OK again.
Untitled_6.jpg

I close and save....

BUT yeah.. this dosn't work. I think it all goes wrong around step 4...

Q: Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Have you tried only loading the mod that has the deleted navimesh? The editor is going to automatically pick up the skyrim files. I'd think that you only want to remove the deleted navimesh from your mod and then the skyrim navimesh should come back. I don't quite understand why you are changing an ID after you deleted the error. I may be totally off base and I wasn't aware that it was possible to fix deleted navimesh. but its been a while since I've been working in the CK.

Maybe I'm off base and someone else who knows more than I can help.

• 4 weeks later...

You shouldn't rename subblock, you need to rename the navmesh in that block,

in your case delete 198 and rename 199 to 198.

I used iguanadons tutorial and it helped me. And some notes, esm's will be loaded automatically i guess,

i always perfomed 'apply filters' to see colors, of course - backup and check mod in game after any changes.