DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello, I am glad to be here.

ScampsAreOurFriends

Hello Everyone, I was recommended to come to this site from another Forum that I participate in. I have only begun to start to play Oblivion and for the first time, I feel a desire to learn how to Mod for this game, which is saying a lot. As a beginner, I was very overwhelmed by the different tutorials out there and it was a bit over my head. I have had a look at the tutorials on this site and another site and feel armed with these resources I can go forth and Mod. ;) I was pretty proud of myself, I built my first operational room the other day, the trouble I had was with the door but it finally worked out. Anyway, I might ask a lot of basic questions as this is very unfamiliar ground for me. I look forward to getting to know you and work with you. Happy Modding and Gaming!!!! Oblivion is calling.

• Upvote 4

Welcome to TESA... I came here almost 4 years ago for the very same reason :)

We have the BEST teaching school here for modding TES games and for Oblivion I highly recommend taking this course in the Basics and then you can follow up with other classes as your interest expands. They are better than tutorials because you have an actual person (Hana) as an instructor who'll help you along with any questions you have.

Introduction: Construction Set Basics

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1971-introduction-construction-set-basics/

Here's some :cookie4u: :cookie4u: to help you concentrate in class :)

LOL oh uh.  I didn't realize we had an Antiscamp on here.   :shock:   Out of all the creatures I like the most, yep you guessed it, it's the charming scamps.  My favorite quest is the one with the Everscamp staff.  It's always nice to go around with my four little companions.  

It can get a little lonely in the world.  And now with my land dreigh well the scamps and I are good company....

Welcome to TESA... I came here almost 4 years ago for the very same reason :)

We have the BEST teaching school here for modding TES games and for Oblivion I highly recommend taking this course in the Basics and then you can follow up with other classes as your interest expands. They are better than tutorials because you have an actual person (Hana) as an instructor who'll help you along with any questions you have.

Introduction: Construction Set Basics

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/1971-introduction-construction-set-basics/

Here's some :cookie4u: :cookie4u: to help you concentrate in class :)

Thanks for the cookies and the link.  I did make it through the intro and am in the first lesson.  Still working on getting the tapestries to look right.  I'm going to send Hannaise a PM right now.

This is awesome, because I don't feel like I'm alone and will have to struggle to make sense of TES Construction anymore.  A great thing having the forum here.

LOL oh uh.  I didn't realize we had an Antiscamp on here.   :shock:---

Forgiven, since you are new to playing Oblivion :D

Check out his great mod Dibella's Watch: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/963-dibellas-watch/

Note that there is also a patch and an optional alternate start and on TES Nexus there is an expansion available http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40627/?

Edited by Tamira

Welcome ScampsAreOurFriends, Cookie added to your inventory!

If you ever decide to try your hand at scripting, we have some nice tutorials here on that too. And a few people who know their way around the CS.

How about a few plugs for the mods I made for Oblivion?

Ancient Towers

Clocks of Cyrodiil

Haunted House

I made many more, but I feel these are the best. :D

Wow so I finally meet the maker of Clocks of Cyrodill.  I have been very tempted to get that Mod.  

The Scripting is VERY Confusing for me. I tried the script to make the companion creature for Mehunes Dagon [lol I know I just wanted to see if it would work] and got frustrated with it. So I'm going go through the tutorials.  For some reason the scripts remind me of computer programming with their begins and ends and  if this then that lol.

I wanted to ask you a question to see if your Mod works with the Mod that actually goes somehow incorporates real time?

Also a noob question,

what on earth are the cookies for?  Thanks.  

:rofl: Looks like I`m late to the party...anyhoo...hello and welcome Scamps. What the folks above have already stated is very true. My first game, on my first computer (an Asus lappy) was Morrowind , I loaded the construction set disc .. and scared myself crazy. I was so afraid that I`d wreck the game. oblivion...the same. then I found this site and these fine people. I was no longer afraid when I discovered ther magic of Ctrl+Z ... :lmao:

:rofl: Looks like I`m late to the party...anyhoo...hello and welcome Scamps. What the folks above have already stated is very true. My first game, on my first computer (an Asus lappy) was Morrowind , I loaded the construction set disc .. and scared myself crazy. I was so afraid that I`d wreck the game. oblivion...the same. then I found this site and these fine people. I was no longer afraid when I discovered ther magic of Ctrl+Z ... :lmao:

LOL, I had no idea Ctrl+Z existed before coming to this site. I thought my construction set was broken because my redo and undo buttons were not working.

The cookies are like 'kudos' on other web sites.

The clocks will always show the correct game time, no mater what 'time altering' mods you use.

The clocks were one of my 'first' released mods. I had made many mods before that but never released them. I later release a number of them but not all of them. heh!

Scripting IS programming, so that may be why it looks like programming to you. :lol:

I for one am happy we can make scripts in a mod, it makes the mods oh so much more interesting when you can pseudo code the game.