DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

AI Package not working under certain circumstances

schatten

Hi,

when I make a travelpackage and have as target a marker that moves around to quest alias', the NPC does nothing at all.

alias (loc and ref at loc) is filled, marker moveto alias ref, evp.

Another similar issue is, when the target is the refalias in the package. It is not working.

Alias is filled correctly and marker is at the correct place. The travelpackage does work when the target is a vanilla object.

• 1 month later...

Are you sure your quest started?

Aliases will not fill if no quest is loaded.

The biggest problem I had with this was that the quest did not start even though I had checked the box to activate quest on game start.

I fixed the issue by simply starting all my quests using the STORY MANAGER.  I never had an issue about my dialogue, quests, aliases not working.  It took me 6 months to figure that out. :mad:

Edited by Ashenfire

Did you generate the SEQ file? YOu need that for quests that are enabled upon game start.

Yes, my quests are started and aliases are filled. Only when quests are started can you manipulate alias. When they are stopped, aliases are always empty and can't be forced to be filled and used.

I actually had to use a workaround to make the packages work. Neither quest alias nor a marker did work for package targets.

Edited by schatten

Yeh, I had 2 different ways to generate seq, they worked once or not at all.  I never worried again, because Story Manager saved the

day.  It is much cleaner to use the Story Manager any ways.

At this time, I have travel packages that do not use aliases.  Glad you got your work around.

Just make sure you test with a new character at level one.  It is the only way to make sure it does not use wrong alias code or

erroneous data.  You can coc to your cell before you load a save game.

• Upvote 1