DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New in town!

mikegray

Hi guys!

I've been playing Skyrim for about a year now - and I've been a mod user for most of that time. However, I'm getting to a point where I'd really like to be more than a user - I want to contribute to the cool stuff people are working on; I even have a few things I'd like to do, if I only knew how ...

Actually, I went to so far as to sign up over on the Luftahraan project after seeing an add asking for anyone to sign who wants to help, as long as they are willing to learn. They're great folks but seriously understaffed. I even got started on a dungeon of my own, but I've realized that I really need to slow down and learn how to do this stuff before I dump hours and hours and hours without really understanding what I'm doing.

And the I noticed that you guys actually have a Hogwarts of CK-craft and Moddery! 

How much more awesome does it get?

Can someone direct me to a little more about the modding classes, and what I might do to join?

• Upvote 3

Welcome to TESA.... Best place to start in learning how to mod would be here @ http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/4655-introduction-creation-kit-basics/ which is the CK Basic Class. I linked you to the introduction page so you can get an idea what it is an what's involved so you know how to sign up and the format. (especially if you want to follow along with the class for a badge and :cookie4u: ) From there you can go on to other classes as they are available to expand your modding skills.

Here's a :cookie4u: to help you on your journey through the classes.

Edited by Arion

Hey you all -

Thanks for the warm welcome - particularly for those non-fattening cookies! 

I just spent a while studying the school, and I want in! If I work through that stuff, I may actually end up being some kind of help over in Luftahraan-land ...

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: To get started, I need send that DarkRider fella a PM and tell him I want to start on lesson one, correct? (And read the FAQs, and behave myself, and keep my nose clean so he doesn't gang up on me with his other 8 nazgûl pals.)

Edited by mikegray

You can send it to DarkRider or WillieSea.  And then you can begin lesson 1 while you are waiting for a response. Rider has been on leave and WillieSea has been overseeing the class temporarily.

Willie will grade your work but Rider will have to add you to the class progress report .. Welcome aboard