DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Some problems with Room Bounds

Ghaunadaur

Hi dear community,

Lately I was trying my hands at room bounds and I encountered some issues. Firstly, almost every time I create a room bound, a warning is popping up which says "Primitive reference 'RoomMarker' (FormID) has half-extents that differ from its multibound data". I noticed that some of these warnings went away by re-loading the cell and saving instantly, but not all. However, it doesn't seem to cause any bugs in-game, but still I would like to know what's causing this and how it can be solved or avoided in the first place.

Also, there are some objects that are reaching from one room into another (e.g. some columns). The Wiki says it's possible to make objects visible in multiple rooms by assigning a "None" multibound for the reference. Sadly, whenever I try to do that, the setting isn't saved. When I open the reference window again, the setting is reset to the default, CELL: None - REFERENCE: Empty. No difference in-game. Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help. :smile:

Have you gone through the CK wiki tutorial on Room Bounds and Portals?

Are you selecting objects first before creating your room bound? That error seems to suggest to me (and really, this is just a guess) that you have, and you've moved the room bound afterward, since doing it this way the primitive matches the position, rotation and bounds of the selection. If it's not causing visual issues in game, then it sounds harmless.

For your second question, have you tried Portals?

Yes, I followed the tutorial. I selected some objects like walls or columns to cover the shape of the room, then hit the button 'Create Room'. This is when the warnings occured. Strangely, it seems to fix itself *magically* by reloading the plugin & cell and saving the file. I did this several times and now all the warnings are gone. You are probably right and it's rather harmless. This case can be closed. :smile:

The other problem is giving me some more headache. I mean the part of the tutorial where it says

Each reference can only belong to a single Room Marker - by default, the one in which its pivot point is contained. If a reference needs to be visible in multiple Rooms, assign it to the "NONE" multibound in its reference properties.

If I understand correctly, I need to open the reference windows, navigate to the 'Multibound' tab and select the cell I'm working in and "None" for the room bound reference. That simply doesn't work for me. I can assign other room bound markers, but "none" is never accepted by the CK. The changes I make are always reverted to the default setting:

gallery_32854_461_64484.jpg

Does it work for others? Maybe I'm just missing a simple step, but currently I see no other 'workaround' than removing the portals from the rooms in question and joining them together so they act as a single room bound. :shrug: