DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY]Follower cant follow

BlueBeast

Hi all,

well i was hoping for a faster answer first in shoutbox... but seems nobody that knows the answer or even have an idea for a solution is online... Another User just told me he remember the question was here before, but he couldnt remember on the answer... so i just asked if it was last time in shoutbox or in thread... He said thread and so i started a search through this forum, a bit from hand a bit with search function... but nothing... I guess its not easy cause the other Modder may have used other words for the question or something like that...

Ok, so i need to explain what i have... and be patient... again... grml.

I made my CK Basics Tutorial Courses so far... now i finished at least my Final Exam House... made my last fixings so far, cleaned the mod and so on and so on... after i made my package as bsa i sent it to my hubbys computer so he could test it... He told me he got the message: Your Follower isnt able to follow you here" while he was in the house... It may be other words as u saw that message maybe in ur skyrim... cause we get that messages in german, i dont know what words the english version use so far... but it must be anything like that.

My own tests was always without followers, well i tested most with clean characters, they never walked before through skyrim..., as he told me about that message from another test some days before i thought its maybe cause i didnt made navmeshes yet... but now its done, the house is fully navmeshed in and out plus finalized the navmeshes everywhere... means basement trapdoor, housedoors all have that green triangles in and out! But he got still that message... Whats wrong?

Edit:

Ok i made now a new test on my own! I started the game on a savegame with my own character and my 2 followers, both mod followers, i guess u know both, Cerwiden and Vilja... so far i guess the 2 best and most intresting followers i know! But well Vilja is a very special follower. Ok, they where coming with me into the house... but there they just stay in place... no moving anymore, i tried call cerwiden one time with her call script as i was in the highest room, then she didnt moved again by her own. After that i decided to enter the basement, both followers where with me again, but didnt moved after enter the door. Vilja was moving a little bit when i was near her... but not at all, and it may be cause of her special scripting that she did so far.

Greets

BlueBeast

Edited by BlueBeast

If the followers are not moving at all, that usually indicates a problem with the navmesh. Did you check for navmesh errors (CTRL+F)?

As for the message...there are some doors which have the script 'DefaultNoFollowDoorScript' on them. The script uses the message 'FollowerBlockedMessage' ("Dein Begleiter kann dir hier nicht weiter folgen"). If you copied such door from another cell, it may have the script as well. There may be other reasons why the message appears, but this is one possibility you could check.

@Ghaunadaur, i thought it would be the navmesh ya, since its the only thing that say npc's where to walk and where not... and ya i checked them for errors and i got the mssg no errors.

The doors, hmm strange thing is, i dont get that mssg, just my hubby get it. We are both massive mod users XD, means our skyrims have both some gb's... we have around 80 mods on each... modding by myself now will reduce them a bit i think... but first i need to learn how, thats why im here and doing my lessons. The idea that he may get the mssg cause of one of his mods or otherwise i dont get it cause i dont have the same one or another one from me block that mssg... if that much mods installed its too difficult to see where is the reason for that.... True is and that is at least tested out... we walked in now with followers with us... they come in with us, in the house and in the basement, so the teleport itself is functionell for followers... But the followers stay then in place and dont move. Means we tested now with 2 different pc's and different followers + different installed mods.... He get the mssg, i not, but the behavior of our both followers in the house is the same.

Arion had some ideas i just tested out and checked: First my Final-Triangles may not enough under the doorteleportmarkers. Changed, made em bigger so most place used by the markers stay now in a finalized triangel... before i made the final navmesh again, i tested em with no errors. Test ingame: Followers enter still house and basement, seems it work a little bit better now, followers where following me from 1st floor to 2nd floor, but not in 3rd floor still. Basement, after enter it, followers didnt moved far, just a little bit, Vilja is following more than other followers (cerwidens follower behavior is not that much scripted as vilja, i would call it normal, and my hubby tested with Vilja and Lydia). But at last Vilja dont follow me in the 2nd room in the Basement which is just done with a house divider without a real door.

Next thing, Arion asked me if i may have an older version skyrim and or ck... Version of both: 1.9.32.0   means newest.

DarkRider asked me if i changed anything on the meshes after Finalizing... and well first time, no i didnt changed anything after, but as i deleted em to make em big enoug for place them better under the doormarkers... this time i changed after Finalizing... changed again, means deleted all final triangels again, made em new, checked with no errors, made finalizing em and this time no change after on em... Ingametest: no change from before.

Your idea about the doors so far, no script on em, i didnt copied em from anywhere, i just made em in from ck, normal solitude house doors, loading doors for sure.

Intresting Way to collecting ideas XD. When i do a house later i may use that block follower script on my bedroom door XD.

Greets

BlueBeast

Edited by BlueBeast

I didn't see it in the responses above, but its my number one response to 'strange issues' in mods. Especially when it involves persistent reference objects.

I have seen this a lot of times in Fallout3, which is where they first started using this type of navmesh.

#1 - Use a clean save game. If your using a save game that has 'ever' had your mod installed when you saved it, the navmesh gets 'confused' in the game and may stop working.

Any previous version of your mod that was enabled when you made your save game can cause problems.

I suggest you have a 'clean' save game, usually outside the training dungeon, that has minimal or no mods activated, and use that when you test your mod. Then never save over that game, and use it for all your mod testing purposes.