DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

skyrim errors and fixes

Newlight

ok heres the thing i might have fixed that t&l error with some kinda program called 3d (somthing) idk full name but after i fixed that i get a new error 3d shader model couldnt get skyrim to start up right every time i tryed starting it up it whould have skyrim pop up but a error whould pop up and skyrim whould CD (crash to desktop) anywho this is for people who have probs playing skyrim for pc if you dont have the right reqs but have skyrim just to be playing it for cool stuff like mods just post your probs that you have..ofc this isnt the only topic you can post em im surre theres more but idk alot bout the errors still ill try to help best way i can atm i hve errors that need fixing so ya let me know if thees any fixes for my prob i tolled you bout

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/19/2013, 04:28:28
       Machine name: YOUR-A88717F2FE
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120411-1615)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
       System Model: W3507A
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.20GHz
             Memory: 504MB RAM
          Page File: 417MB used, 4146MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: None
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

my pc specs is system info right/

Your video solution isn't listed there.

Page file is way to high for an xp machine.

Reboot your computer, give it a couple minutes to settle down, and then re-run the dxdiag with nothing else running. Post the whole thing. (in spoiler tags)

You really need more Ram to run the game..... Unfortunately, DDR ram is getting rare, and expensive. Time for a new computer?

You assume anyone reading this knows what your problems are. We don't. :)

But here's a good guess. Minimum specs for games are minimum specs for a reason. The absolute minimum of RAM you need to run Skyrim, even on low settings, is 2GB. Your 504MB of RAM is just not cutting it, and it shows with these "shader" errors you're getting.

Even though I hate to recommend people spend money to fix problems, in this case, it's true. Skyrim will not be happy on your existing computer.

There's a reason that Bethseda Forums have this topic pinned as the very first topic in the Hardware and Software forum !!!!

You should read it and then understand that it is your computer that is the problem and nothing short of getting a computer with at least the bare minimum requirtements is necessary to play the game. And if you are going to have to buy a computer to play Skyrim, then you might as well try getting one that meets the recommended requirements so that you can also play the majority of other newer games as well.

You assume anyone reading this knows what your problems are. We don't. :)

But here's a good guess. Minimum specs for games are minimum specs for a reason. The absolute minimum of RAM you need to run Skyrim, even on low settings, is 2GB. Your 504MB of RAM is just not cutting it, and it shows with these "shader" errors you're getting.

Even though I hate to recommend people spend money to fix problems, in this case, it's true. Skyrim will not be happy on your existing computer.

hmm....cant you just add ram from devices like transfure ram of a jump drive and make it part of your pc..like add on ram from devices like that?

hmm....cant you just add ram from devices like transfure ram of a jump drive and make it part of your pc..like add on ram from devices like that?

No. That operates at the speed of the USB bus, which is orders of magnitude slower than the north side bus your RAM operates on.

You need more RAM. That is the only solution for that aspect of it.

Trouble is, your CPU doesn't even meet the minimum standards either. That is a single core CPU with only 512K L2 cache. The celeron line of desktop processors were gimped from the factory. They are useless for gaming.

And if you have the intel integrated chipset for video, there is zero hope of that EVER running the game. It simply isn't going to happen. That's what the shader errors are about, your integrated video doesn't support them.

Time for a whole new PC. You would spend more upgrading that one, than you would on just purchasing something that will run the game right out of the box. We even sell a machine at Staples (where I work..) that would run it. Two, actually, one is HP, the other is Lenovo. They have AMD A-10 Processors, 6 o 8 gig of Ram, and HD 7750 video. And toss in a terabyte harddrive. They are regularly on sale for 499.99. Windows 8 though... which I am not really a fan of.....