DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Lesson #1

DarkRider

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm totally new to the CK. I only started messing with it about a week ago. I have followed lesson#1 and hope I've done it OK.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realise the pics were so dark and I should have used pics from the CK. I'll take some others.

Inn_10.jpg

Inn_08.jpg

Inn_05.jpg

Inn_09.jpg

Inn_01.jpg

Inn_02.jpg

Edited by FlameOfCrone
Correction

• 3 months later...

Me again :) FYI - I use Chesko's Wearable Lanterns mod.  It will look brighter in the pics than it actually is.  I'm not a complete noob but I decided to start the Skyrim series from the beginning to see what I've missed as there's still several things I don't know how to do properly.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Just sneaking this in here before I get my official student card.  All pics are from CK with bright work like off.

I have included all of the assigned elements as well as, I hope, the bonus point elements.  (fingers crossed)

A small guide to wall pelt location:

- 2 upstairs, easy to spot

- 2 downstairs, one behind the bar, and the other on the opposite wall under the stairs (you can see it lurking in the murky shadows in pic 5 KMsCKBasicTutorialImg9). 

Thanks for taking the time to look at these. Oh, and hi Dolphin ... looks like we might be in this together.

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img2.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img4.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img7.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img5.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img9.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img10.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img11.png

Hi again,

Noticed a weird half moon shape on the wall at the end of the bed (pic 4 of my earlier post). there is a light on the bar underneath that part of the bedroom and though the little light bulb shaped marker wasn't touching the ceiling, it was still casting light (through the floor and wall I guess ... meh). Anyway, I've fixed it ... checked the wiki and adjusted the size / lumens? (since the marker didn't change) - s+mouse - hope that was the right way to go with this.  Changed the one on the table while i was at it to reduce the shine on the wall. 

If you have to take points off for my previously submitted half-moon I understand ... I mean I'll pout, but I'll understand.

cheers

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img13.png

KMSCKBasicTutorial1Img14.png

• 1 month later...

Have yet to officially join the class but here is my homework

i added a few extra objects just to help fill out the space more

I believe i have all that i need for the Assignment and Extra Credit

Top Floor -
2 beds
2 hanging pelts
1 Wall Mounted  bear
table with 4 chairs
3 Upper shelves ( one over )
2 End tables
Candle horn Chandelier

Bottom Floor-
2 Hanging Pelts
3 Wall Baskets
1 Wall mounted Fox
2 Floor pelts ( under chairs near fire, and 1/4 under bar )
1 long table
Candle horn Chandelier

lower 1.png

lower 2.png

topdown.png

towndown2.png

• 1 month later...
On 4.2.2012 at 0:12 AM, DarkRider said:

You may add any statics you'd like to practice, your house should have at least these items when your homework is done, not including what we've added in class.
Assignment

• 2 Upper Single Beds
  • 4 Hanging Pelts
  • 2 Wall Mounted Baskets
  • 2 Wall Mounted Animals
  • 2 Floor Pelts
  • One Large or Two Small Tables
  • Seating for 4 around the Table/s

Extra Credit

• Add a Candle Horn Chandelier
  • Use Snap to Grid to piece together a bar from static Counter pieces
  • 2 Upper Shelves
  • Add a FarmIntLHLoftTop01 divider to the upper floor
  • Add 2 UpperEndTable01 objects from WorldObjects>Containers

Notes:

-I decided, this should not be an inn, but a Dwelling - Therefore I replaced all the Upper statics with their Common counterparts.

-I could not fit the divider onto the top floor, without obstructing what I had in mind for it - so I didn't add it. Instead, I added waaay too many floor pelts ^_^

-It felt empty without at least some clutter, so there's a few items around there. The wheat wouldn't stay in the basket >_>

20160925184020_1.jpg

20160925184028_1.jpg

20160925184033_1.jpg

20160925184048_1.jpg

20160925184050_1.jpg

20160925184056_1.jpg

20160925184104_1.jpg

20160925184128_1.jpg

Good start Citatus, you can head to Lesson #2. :ok:

Try to avoid making custom changes to the outlined assignments. Customizing it to suit your taste can be confusing for later students who look at your screens for reference, it also makes it hard to grade if you don't do what is actually outlined. You're always welcome to go back and change things to your liking after the grade. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Joining the cool kids years later in Skyrim modding. Haven't heard back yet concerning my official enrollment in this class so I hope posting my screencaps is okay. I think I've done my homework and all the extra credit, even if the carefully aligned furniture makes it look like the home of a neat freak or something. (Maybe it is.)

House Downstairs 2House Downstairs 1House Upstairs 3House Upstairs 2

House Upstairs 1

The chairs (yes, there's four of them) around that table are a little close; I went back in the CK and scooted them away from the table a bit more so the sitting down and standing up animations wouldn't clip through the table. I also checked that my character can navigate around the bar and up the stairs just fine. I'm not sure if NPC's will be able to or not. I can always shorten the bar or move it around or something. Not my most ideal house layout, but then I never claimed to be a good interior designer. 

• 2 months later...

Dear Log, is this the actual software the designers use when creating the world? How the hell do they work with it...complaining aside I'm pretty sure I covered everything here...feels good to actually finish a thing, even if it's just a tutorial...hmmm I think I'll name it "Sheogorath's Den"

20161221100528_1.jpg

20161221100522_1.jpg

20161221100534_1.jpg

20161221100538_1.jpg

20161221100545_1.jpg

20161221100548_1.jpg

20161221100552_1.jpg

20161221100555_1.jpg

20161221100557_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...