DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Lesson #2

DarkRider

Finshed Lesson #2 with all of the Extra Credit. Checked my NavMesh according to the instructions in the supplemental NavMesh info post...no warnings yay! Here's a quick in-game walkthrough with screenshots of my NavMesh work from the creation kit cobbled on to the end of the video. If you need anything else let me know :)

I did miss the stairs, could have sworn I did them...probably just thought real hard about it and called myself having done it...to many late nights :scary: My bad. Any how, here's a couple screenshots hopefully at decent angles so you can see it clearly this time. If anything still looks off let me know and I'll get it fixed...Oh also checked navmesh again when I was done, no warnings.

Creation Kit 64-bit - [CKBasicsTutorial.esp]_ 11_20_2019 2_36_36 AM.png

Creation Kit 64-bit - [CKBasicsTutorial.esp]_ 11_20_2019 2_35_51 AM.png

Edited by KitanaRising

Hi Kitana,

Really good effort, not quite correct. The navmesh for the stairs can’t be a separate mesh, top to bottom should all be one piece where the yellow edges never cross walkable space as it creates issues for pathing NPCs. You’ll want to delete the triangles that are right at the stairs start but are under the legs of the ladder, then attached new nodes to lead up the stairs. Give it a go, I bet you’ll sort it quickly :idea:

• 4 months later...

Alrighty then, Lesson 2, redone thanks to losing my original file, but at least I finally figured out the nav meshing on the stairs :) Third time was the charm I'm sure of it. So here are the screen shots with all extra credit and requirements. I tried to get the best angles I could on the nav meshing and have a screen shot of the contents of my second custom container as well. If I'm missing anything (or if the nav meshing still isn't right :( ) please let me know. Thanks for the lessons!

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

• 4 months later...

Well done ogre especially on the steps area which can be tricky for beginners! I see one spot where it looks like you squeezed some pathing between a chair and table, that’s not needed. You really only want to path where NPCs can comfortably walk/stand. The chair has animations attached that will guide the npc to sit without extra parking in front of the chair.

You're ready to carry on! :good: