DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Lesson #2

DarkRider

mALX, in a few places your NavMesh appears broken. The yellow lines should only appear around the outside edge of the mesh. Anywhere one of those yellow lines crosses the floor, it's a break, indicating multiple NavMeshes placed beside one another. NPCs will not travel between multiple meshes, you want to place it as one solid piece of NavMesh. I would delete all except the biggest solid piece, and build from there. Repost your NavMesh images once repaired :ok:

• 2 months later...

I did it !! I am so proud of myself !! This is not all of lesson 2, but I am turning in what I have so far, because if it decides to go crazy, at least you know I got this part done. I plan on doing more clutter and adding a few more things, but these were part of the lesson.

Clutter_on_a_table

Clutter_near_the_front_door

Clutter_and_containors_st_the_fireplace

The_leeks_are_behaving_at_the_table

Lots_of_storage_upstairs

The_books_are_not_running_over_each_other

All of the pictures were taken ingame. I have to do the NavMesh and the special container, but have no idea how to take a picture while in the CK and then post it here. Is there a lesson on how to do this so that when I get finished, I can submit the rest of lesson 2??

Thank you very much mALX for the help, and you also DarkRider !! :D

Edited by ashleyclark

Great job so far! :clap:

You can screen cap your CK using the print screen button on your keyboard then ctrl+v into a program like Paint to save as a jpg. Or you use a screencap program like FRAPs. You have to upload it somewhere like the gallery here on TESA or a Photobucket to link the image.

Thanks AshleyClark!  Happy New Year to you too!  I loved your screenshots here, you have excellent taste and it shows!  

Oh...gee........thank you mALX. You have now given me a big head. lol    :blush:   I am glad that my house is liked so much. It is not a home yet, not until it is done. Thank you again. 

Ashley

Edited by ashleyclark

An update to my homework, which includes the extra credit. The food from ingredient is in an earlier picture, plus one of the pictures below. This is a continuation that goes with post #33 that I made earlier.

Customized_container_with_Daedric_Sword

Added_Door_to_front

Complete_set_of_books_to_the_bookshelf

Added_more_light

Customized Container one and two

I am not done yet, and have to finish with the clutter, make one more chest, and the NavMesh. Do you also want us to do the Lesson 2 supplemental??

Edited by ashleyclark

First, I do not like the camera. It is waaaay to sensitive. Here is the rest of my homework for Lesson #2. The extra credit was already included in the above posts, #33 and #38

EDIT :In case anyone did not notice, I have turned in all the work required for lesson #2. Is is good enough to go on to Lesson #3??
Edited by ashleyclark

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed the final update on your work to comment. :D

Looking pretty good, but the NavMesh appears a bit broken. You have some clustering of nodes that could probably all be replaced with just one or two. You also can't join two sections of mesh at a single node point, NPCs need a complete path. I count 8 sections of navmesh (each surrounded by its own yellow border) and there should be only one. I would scrap the navmesh and start again, try to weave it as one section top floor, along the ladder, and first floor. If you have questions let me know! :yes:

Understand that. But the file does not show up in the list in the Cell View. At all. I can go to where you click on Skyrim, click on the mod, and set it as the active file, and the CK loads. But it does not show up in the cell view in the bottom left hand corner after you do all that and it loads. It is nowhere to be found.

Edited by ashleyclark