DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Lesson #3

DarkRider

• 5 months later...

Hello DarkRider, these tutorials have been awesome!!! I'm new to this and you've made it really easy to follow along. I have had two hiccups while following along though.

1) I cannot see my Map Marker even if i double click it in my cell view so I don't know how to place it where I want to.

2) When I link this door to my interior I don't see the translucent yellow block in front of my door so I cannot position that to my liking either. 

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Okay so.... grass kicked my behind.  I think I at one time configured my .ini to not render grass in the game at all, which is fine for personal use but how do I make sure it's permanently gone in a published mod?  I changed all the cell textures (LPineForest02NoGrass) but the grass when turned on still appears in the CK.  Is there a way to remove it or is this a bug within the CK? Should I try a different texture?  I tried LDirt01 also and had the same problem. Thank you!

20160627203925_1.jpg

20160628115931_1.jpg

20160628115946_1.jpg

20160628120010_1.jpg

20160628120023_1.jpg

20160628120051_1.jpg

20160628120228_1.jpg

20160628120239_1.jpg

20160628120255_1.jpg

20160628120308_1.jpg

20160627193731_1.jpg

20160627203646_1.jpg

20160627203751_1.jpg

20160627203814_1.jpg

20160627203824_1.jpg

20160627203840_1.jpg

20160627203857_1.jpg

Hello,

I think I've got it all in here. That was a huge lesson! Wow!  Bit of drama on this side - we had a big RL thunderstorm this evening and I almost lost everything, but, managed to get a save in and the computer off before Thor laid his hammer down and knocked our lights out.  Thankfully, the save wasn't corrupt.  yay for small victories.  I included the last pic just because I thought it was pretty :D

ScreenShot22.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg

ScreenShot7.jpg

ScreenShot9.jpg

ScreenShot11.jpg

ScreenShot12.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot15.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

ScreenShot18.jpg

KMSCBasicTutorial3Img2.png

KMSCBasicTutorial3Img1.png

ScreenShot20.jpg

ScreenShot21.jpg

• 4 months later...

Haven't heard back on the homework I posted for lesson #2 two weeks ago so I hope it's okay to move on to lesson #3. I saved a copy of my .esp before beginning lesson #3 so I can go back and fix anything I missed if I messed up on lesson #2 homework. For lesson #3 I also went back and improved some of the clutter in my interior cell, adjusting my navmesh where necessary. I'm still not very happy with the interior layout. I am more happy with my new exterior layout.

Here's my house with the woodpile, exterior clutter, and door teleport marker (positioned properly). These pics are all from the CK with grass toggled off, so if you want pics proving that I landscaped the grass out of the paths I'll be happy to get some in-game shots.

Lesson 3.3.png

Here's the horse stable with a barrel and a water trough (can't be seen behind the woven fence, whoops). I checked in-game that the ground textures under the stable and the trough were no-grass versions. I did not add a horse because I didn't think we were up to adding NPC's and creatures yet.

Lesson 3.4.png 0

Here's the lamp post, the well, and the table with some clutter on it in the background. The side porch is still empty, as per the homework's instructions. After I took this screencap, I came back latter and added some mountain flowers around the well and the sides of the yard. Sadly, I only get my ideas to make the scene look more lived-in and real *after* I take the caps. Whoops.

Lesson 3.5.png

And here's my map marker:

58235dabcb32a-Lesson3.1.png

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings,

I had started lesson #3 right after completing lesson #2. What I had completed was not very good, actually it was real messy. I stepped away for awhile to continue the current game play through I had begun. Returned to complete these lessons and found I still not to happy with what I've done in lesson #3. 

My question is, can I delete or otherwise redo the exterior from the beginning? I had not made backups along the way so I have the one working file and a copy of it only. I will redo from the beginning if needed as I want to complete this course, but it would be nice if that is not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...