DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Problem with blurred custom textures

DwemerManiac

Hi

I'm trying to use in SCK my own, custom made textures  for my new worldspace mod. I'm going to build a big continent with huge,rocky desert inside. I tried to do my own "red rocks" 1024 and 512 versions textures according to some tutorials -I've made difuse.dds and normal map_n.dds, imported it to SCK (added new texture and landscape),then added those textures to some mountain cliff model (new ID form of course).

And it works, in SCK it looks good. But when I cow into my world in the game,thereis a problem:

from distant it looks good:

http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16nsdj&s=8#.Uu-Pc_tRe9s

but when I approach to these rocks, or jump on them they look awful, like 256 or lower resolution textures;?

where is the problem?

should I make higher resolution textures?

or maybe it's problem with weak normal map for texture ?

http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34sgpiv&s=8#.Uu-PL_tRe9s

Thanks for any advice how to solve it

That does look like the normal map is a bit odd. Did you add an alpha channel to the normal map? You can do so with Dxtbmp, its a program that allows you to add alpha channels (Its the only reason I use it.)
Open your diffuse in an image editor and desaturate it. I'd go really dark since it is a rock texture and not metal. Save it as a .bmp.

Download dxtbmp, open your normal map, then import the .bmp you made earlier as an alpha channel. Save this as a new version of your normal map, so you have the original just incase you made the specular too dark or something. You will have then successfully fused your normal map with a specular map. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...