DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Nevermind...

Vain

Goals for this mod are simple and will stay simple.  There are several problems with Hearthfire homes, specifically Lakeview Manor in Falkreath.  This mod is going to fix them.  Eventually.  Scripting is highly likely to be involved.

Problems

Bedroom Exterior Round Table and Chairs not only never appear but are not even a buildable option from the Bedroom workbench.

Places to look for a solution

• Object WIndow>Items>MiscItem>_BYOH>Architecture>BYOHHouse>Interface
    BYOHHouseInteriorPart086TableRoundChairsExterior01
  • Object Window>Items>Constructible Object
    BYOHHouseInteriorRecipePart086TableRoundChairsExterior01
  • Hearthfire Scripts
    BYOHBuildingObjectInteriorScript
  • Keywords
    BYOHBuildingInteriorPart086TableRoundChairsExterior01
    BYOHHouseCraftingCategoryExterior
  • Editor ID's
    xx009a9b (keyword ID?)
  • Cell
    BYOHHouse1Exterior

The script is just an extension of BYOHBuildingObjectScript.

Scriptname BYOHBuildingObjectInteriorScript extends BYOHBuildingObjectScript
{script for inventory objects used for INTERIOR house building}

; override event on parent script
Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
If akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer() && akOldContainer == None
debug.trace(self+" akNewContainer = "+akNewContainer+",  akOldContainer = "+akOldContainer)
; get active house right now (in case player moves between houses quickly...)
int myActiveHouseLocation = BYOHHouseBuilding.activeHouseLocation
; get active room right now (in case player moves between workbenches quickly...)
int myRoomID = BYOHHouseBuilding.activeRoomID

; tell master script that I've been built
BYOHHouseBuilding.BuildHouseInteriorPart(myActiveHouseLocation, ID, myself, myRoomID)
EndIf
EndEvent

Scriptname BYOHBuildingObjectScript extends Form  
{script for fake inventory objects used for crafting house pieces
}

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
If akNewContainer == Game.GetPlayer() && akOldContainer == None
debug.trace(self+" akNewContainer = "+akNewContainer+",  akOldContainer = "+akOldContainer)
; get active house right now (in case player moves between houses quickly...)
int myActiveHouseLocation = BYOHHouseBuilding.activeHouseLocation
; remove item if appropriate
if RemoveItem
Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(RemoveItem, 1, true) ; remove item silently
endif
if RemoveItem2
Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(RemoveItem2, 1, true) ; remove item silently
endif
; tell master script that I've been built
BYOHHouseBuilding.BuildHousePart(myActiveHouseLocation, ID, myself, finishRoomID, startRoomID, bDisableAdditionLayouts)
EndIf
EndEvent

BYOHHouseBuildingScript Property BYOHHouseBuilding  Auto  

Int Property ID  Auto  
{custom unique ID (because script can't get at formID of object in inventory)}

MiscObject Property mySelf Auto
{replace ID - this is the object itself which we'll use to search the array - much faster than searching by ID}

Int Property FinishRoomID = 0 Auto
{ if non-zero, indicates that this piece finishes the specified room }

Int Property StartRoomID = 0 Auto
{ if non-zero, indicates that this piece starts the specified room }

MiscObject Property RemoveItem Auto
{ for mutually exclusive items, this is the item to remove from player when I am created }

MiscObject Property RemoveItem2 Auto
{ for mutually exclusive items, this is the item to remove from player when I am created }

FormList Property RemoveItemList Auto
{ can also use a form list to remove items, when you have to remove lots
  NOTE: will NEVER remove itself, in order to allow using the same list for all the layouts}

bool Property bDisableAdditionLayouts Auto
{ set to true on all "addition" layout pieces }

Right off the bat there's an obvious problem.  The recipe under Constructible Objects in the CK shows that instead of showing up on the workbench as a round table and chairs, it's showing up as the washbasin that you can build in the same exterior.  The washbasin is buildable, but only builds the washbasin and not both the washbasin and the table (which it halfway looks like it's trying to do).  Changing this is only one step and doesn't seem to fix the problem and it still doesn't show up on the workbench.

Lakeview Manor's Inward Doorway Wall Sconces only build one wall sconce instead of the listed two.

Places to look for a solution

• Object WIndow>Items>MiscItem>_BYOH>Architecture>BYOHHouse>Interface
    BYOHHouseInteriorPart186WallSconcex2_04
  • Object Window>Items>Constructible Object
    BYOHHouseInteriorRecipePart186WalLSconcex2_04
  • Hearthfire Scripts
    same
  • Keywords
    BYOHBuildingInteriorPart186WallSconcex2_04
  • Editor ID's
    0001f248 (Wall Sconce)
    xx00bf26 (reference editor ID?)
  • Cell
    (Interior) BYOHHouse1FalkreathBasement
  • Base Object
    CandleHornWall01
  • Reference Editor ID
    BYOHHouse1InteriorRoom12Part186WallSconcex2_04

Begins initially disabled, respawns, and everything else is default.  If it sticks true to the pattern of the other wall sconces than the second one on the opposite of the door should have no reference editor ID.  The other linked wall sconces have a green arrow connecting them in the CK - not unlike the arrows connecting objects to their lights such as the existing wall sconce in this set is connected to one of the lights.

And that's all I've got for now...

Edited by Vain

Ah, these are the kind of things we love to hear about on the Unofficial Patch team. :)

The first issue has already been fixed with the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch. From the changelog (dated 2013-08-17);

The option to build the "round table and chairs" was showing up on the wrong workbenches, consuming resources even though it would not be built. This was due to the construction recipe (BYOHHouseInteriorRecipePart086TableRoundChairsExterior01) having the wrong keyword assigned to it, causing the workbenches to think it was part of the wash basin sets. (Bug #12562)

The second issue doesn't appear to have ever been reported as an issue. I can do that for you.

• 5 months later...

Because of the nature of scripts, some bugs you've already encountered can't/won't be fixed on existing characters. All fixes should work on new games.

Either that or you have another mod interfering.

It is possible to make mod changes and still use in the current game running

It does require usage of the command line mode to set up proper staging

I have found numerous issues in Hearthfire and Dawnguard. Basic first error is Hearthfires sets up naking a coffin in vertical mode

but does not import the item ID Keyword or FormID into the mod so it generates an error message on load. There are many such errors

and I am presently working to correct them and add new features to Hearthfire such as more than 2 adoptees (not a simple project)

Hopefully in near future my efforts will get posted here and help others get a cleaner more functional Legendary file system