DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

ATTN: Graphical and Modding Geniusus Sweet Roll Inside for Answers

Marthgun

Question 1:

I need some dead bodies.  So i need to edit the Skin Textures.  How do i get those textures on my dead body / character?

Question 2:  

I need to make some dismembered body parts.  I can import the bodies.  And also the Clutter Bones.  But attaching these would require me to recreate their UV's.

Which would in turn make me recreate the textures.  While my first attempt went much better than expected, it dawned on me that I would have to do this for all the body parts and head to match up.  I can't think of a good way to do this, and so I'm really stuck on this part.

I could use the original uv's and textures, but there is a big problem with that:

Question 3:

I want to make the body parts, hands, feet, face, etc, "animated".   Which requires setting up the skeleton and positioning the hands how i want, and the face how i want, etc, etc.

But this ruins the UV's.  So the Original textures become stretched and useless.  Is there a way to position / animate these body parts outside of the 3d modeling program?

em pleh 

1) The easiest way to do this is by the same method Beth did for Susanna, the girl that dies in the Blood on the Ice quest. She is a normal Nord female NPC at first, then there are copies of that NPC record with a change of clothes that has the "wounds".

You can find these clothes in meshes\clothes\wounds\woundsusanna_0.nif. It's a basic female body with overlay NiTriShapes for the wounds. Create your new wounded body the same as other clothing, with an ArmorAddon and Armor record then give it to any of your "dead" bodies (Beth did it as an Outfit).

2) Not sure I understand what you're doing here. Why would you have to recreate UV's by putting two objects together? Nothing says you have to actually join them. Leave them each as it's own NiTriShape. In fact, if these "body parts" are going to be simple static objects, you can probably do things like this quicker in NifSkope. Try this tut.

3) Is there a way to position/animate body parts outside of a 3D modeling program? No. I don't even think what you want to do is possible. Animations require behaviour files and as I understand it, you can't get new behaviours into the game.

ok thanks for the help

I actually am using the 2 susanna clothings already, it just didn't dawn on me that i could add that as clothing.  Does clothing make the body transparent?  It seemed a little deep for just a normal map.

i was actually moving the clutter Bones object around in the scene, which is why i didn't think it would match up with the UV.  But since its just a bone texture i'll give it a go.

I'm making another thread come visit me