DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help Transferring Oblivion Meshes to Skyrim

Marthgun

I saw that lost spires has his stuff as free resource, 

I would like to transfer them to skyrim.  First is there any thing i should be aware of while doing this?

Second, It seems completely alien to me.  I'll just start with one clutter nif for now.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4ivppvzcepvz/ancientscroll01.nif

I cannot get this texturing right,  his looks diffrent, i chnaged the emissive color and added an alpha property.  does nifskope not update or show the glow maps or emissive colors in the renderer?

How do i find if there is a normal map on it?  I know there is, i just can't seem to find it in the block details.  Also want to find the glow maps and such, to make sure i'm not missing something.

Let me know the procedure for this, and if I'm going to have to import then export all of these files. Or whatever is easiest, thank

Edited by Marthgun

i seem to just be having trouble with getting the colors as brght as the original.

i bumped up the alpha in the BSLightingShaderProperty to 2.5, instead of 1.0

which made it as visible.  But im still lacking that pop.

Wondering if it could be one of the flags set on a BSlightingShaderProperty

I saw that lost spires has his stuff as free resource, 

I would like to transfer them to skyrim.  First is there any thing i should be aware of while doing this?

You are sure?

On the nexus in the permission tab it says:

"Conversion permission

cross.png You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances"

and 

"You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file"

so it does not seem to be a free resource for everyone.

Well, if the meshes and textures are made from scratch like all the Stroti's stuff that I converted for Skyrim (which we do not know in this case), they may be ported of course.

But if the objects are based on original Oblivion stuff (i. e. retextures) they may not be distributed.

Edited by Tamira
  • Upvote 1