DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bear Weapons WIP

mjab_flame_kill

Well at the moment I'm working on a weapon set based around the bear claws in Skyrim, I'm not great at texturing and I would really like somebody to really improve my skills and my weapons significantly. :D

Please only use this file for helping me out, thanks.

File: http://www.filedropper.com/bearweapons

Edited by Hanaisse
Fixed link

hm. after i left nexus i became mainly active on LL, i will also bring the rest of my mods over here to support a couple of new land mods that have members that are like 15 years old, LL is not the right place for them.

what you should do at any case, is always keep looking for tutorials, and forums in general, i think the nexus is pretty much dead lately.

i have to give you kudos though, i know youre still pretty fresh for a modder, and for that you made some nice improvements on your work... i would love to help you out more, but i am so overloaded with requests and projects atm that i cant help much, except tell you that i checked all your files, and compared to when you began, you made really good progress. just continue that way, and in case you get stuck, work on sth different to "clear your head", and then after taking a little break from the bear-stuff, go for bears again.

cheers, and good luck :)

I looked at your bow and have some suggestions. First off I know nothing about blender so anything I say about that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Couple of things I noticed when I looked at it.

#1 - Your string is too large for the bow (as in it is longer than the bow is) . Might want to adjust that.

#2 - The nocking wadding might be adjusted to actually fit within the area where the arrow is held at. (part on the string seems to be off center)

#3 - On the bow itself, just my opinion, you should smooth out all the vertices. This would make it easier to apply different textures depending on what you are trying to accomplish. example - wood, ivory, bone, fur, etc.

#4 - Using black string unless you are trying for a stealth type bow used in the dark , should probably be lighter. Also, if you look at the ncoking wad there is splotches of brown texturing. I think it should be all one color. That might be what you were going for. I don't know the process of wrapping, unwarping, baking textures or whatever you have to do to set up your textures to the correct placement on your mesh. If you need help with this there are people here that might be able to help you in that respect. InsanitySorrow is very good with all of this and has made numerous weapons.

I enjoy working with textures, but all my experience is with textures after its setup and applied to the mesh already.

Bow_zps634ca4de.png

Shows String and nocking position

Bear01_zps341fe352.png

Shows Close up of bow and mixed color

Edited by Arion

Hiya mjab .. sorry, I don`t DL from sites I`m not familiar with if I can help it. Just funny that way. First off though ... what programs are you using to make/texture your objects? Second, thanks Arion for the pics ... Yup, your string appears to need some adjustments. It appears that, as well as what he already mentioned, the end loops look unequal. The "Baking" Arion mentioned is kinda advanced but well worth studying up on for future use. It lets you apply a good looking texture to a low poly model and have it look like your high poly original. The "Blotch" on your string looks like a texturing glitch. Double check your map. Looks like an interesting start though. :coolup: Keep looking at those tuts and asking questions.