DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Modding Competition... Something there like this??

Nahkin

I would want to know if there is something here or has ever been like a modding competition :D?

I have seen a lot sites with competitions like who makes the best house mod or cave mod.

It could look for example like this:

You get a theme and everyone can hand in a mod to that theme and than the mod get's rated.

Wouldn't this draw much attention to the site and be a cool system to bring fresh wind here :D?

I can explain that further, but I dream of a rating system and voting and so on you know :);).

We periodically do have friendly competitions here. The Halloween mods we produce is probably the best example, levels put together by members of the forum and rated. And it's a lot of fun.

We don't do it a lot because of sites like Oblivion Real Estate, and it's sister Skyrim Real Estate, who we support wholeheartedly. They used to have such competitions, but I know the sites have been downsized so may not be having them anymore.

I can't promise anything, but I for one would like to see more competitions around here. :)

@ladyonthemoon:

Well no ^^. I didn't say I need them ....

I also wouldn't get one if there would be a competition for the best companion or what else. I even don't have to get one if I take part in house modding or world spaces (my specialization) ^^. It would be just a cool way to see more mods and bring out cool ideas ^^.

A way to bring out cool mods if you want so.

Nahkin - the sorry thing is that you have such a great idea and suggestion, however the last Halloween Mod competition we tried to have here they couldn't even get enough people to sign up to make it a community project. And we did have a texturing contest that only had 2 competitors. Me and one other person.

Your ideas and suggestions are worthy, but I think between the site's moderators and general membership being too busy working on other things that there's not much chance of it happening. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Your ideas and suggestions are worthy, but I think between the site's moderators and general membership being too busy working on other things that there's not much chance of it happening. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

I wouldn't say members and Staff being busy is the reason for lack of participation, I think most modders don't have a great deal of interest in competitions. EVen the long running house competitions hosted by ORE had toruble drumming up interest at times :shrug:

Modding is one of the rare things in this world that is not based on profit and where competition has nothing to do. If you need competition to mod, just don't do it.

Obviously you missed the entire point I was making in that there doesn't seem to be as much interest in having venues for showcasing various modders work. Competition or not, things are not the same with Skyrim and the community as it was before Skyrim came out as it was the Oblivion community.

A clear example of this was the excitment of watching new modders and old taking the beginning modding classes here and waiting with baited breath to see what their final projects were.

Edited by Arion

Come on now folks, let's keep this light hearted.

You might be right IS..... I've just noticed that there isn't the spark that we used to have back with Oblivion..

Yep the modding Community for Skyrim is a lot different to Oblivion. I think most modders prefer to keep to themselves now and just post WIPz/RELz threads.

If things pick up (Most likely with ESO) we can always take another look at a competition or two.

Well I would definatly participate in such a contest. The problem was I didn't even know there has been one here or on other sites ^^. I guess one of the problems could be that people like me don't know the sites ;).

I thought anyway just this would be a cool idea and encouraging.

I dunno I like competitions like these. It don't has to be a competition but you are encouraged to give your best and maybe get a award or so you can place under your mod.

I remember back also to old elder scrolls modding, when I was happy to get a golden or bronze or silver egg for my work. This was just a simple .jpg you could inlcude in your description but hey. It means your house or armor has won a price :).

Edited by Nahkin

And to the statment "If you need competition to mod, just don't do it." .... Well ^^ take it easy ;).

Noone forced to take part :D.

And I also mod tho there is no competition I like it ^^. And I like to share my ideas or new ideas I got. Maybe also some tricks or improvements others could use.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually wouldn't mind a dungeon competition or a housing competition.

Actually, what's to prevent a regular member from sparking a friendly competition anyway? I propose we discuss the workings of a dungeon competition now!

Competitions and prizes are best handled in an official capacity by the site, but we're always open to suggestions and ideas submitted by our membership, you can post your suggestions in the TESA Tracker: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tracker/project-9-tes-alliance-support/ :good:

Too busy, sorry.

You've already made it clear a few times in this thread that this isn't an idea you support, and that's perfectly fine, but you don't need to keep participating in this thread just to remind us you dont have time or interest. :no: