DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Need help about load doors

oldladyonthemoon

Is there a particular door you want this on?

Looking at the exterior load doors for the cities (wrshackdoor01, whgrayquarterdoor01, riftendoorload01 for example) they all have a built in plane behind them, coloured black, to give the illusion of going indoors.

I don't recall ever seeing a door that actually shows stuff inside? You'd need to basically build a mock interior into your exterior, enclosed in whatever exterior architecture you're using, plus a modified load door such as above that removes the plane to see "inside" the room.

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you mean going through a door and seeing down a like a long hall or something before the loading screen kicks in this might be helpful.

http://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Optimization I believe its room markers and portals. i've seen tutorial videos that go into more detail and if this is what you are looking for it'll make looking for user video tutorials easier.

HTH

Looking at the exterior load doors for the cities (wrshackdoor01, whgrayquarterdoor01, riftendoorload01 for example) they all have a built in plane behind them, coloured black, to give the illusion of going indoors.

I don't recall ever seeing a door that actually shows stuff inside? You'd need to basically build a mock interior into your exterior, enclosed in whatever exterior architecture you're using, plus a modified load door such as above that removes the plane to see "inside" the room.

Built-in planes? But how do we see the landscape outside the door? ... Do you mean that the black plane is placed in the world at the same time we place the door? I haven't seen one near the Whiterun gate...

About seeing inside, I've never noticed this, but... some cupboards have this effect. You open the door and you see the interior of the cupboard, just the interior, not the content.

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you mean going through a door and seeing down a like a long hall or something before the loading screen kicks in this might be helpful. I believe its room markers and portals. i've seen tutorial videos that go into more detail and if this is what you are looking for it'll make looking for user video tutorials easier.

HTH

Yes, it was my first idea, but this is only for rooms that are near each other, not separated by loading screens. :)

By the way, it's for the Beyond Skyrim project. The idea is showing the streets of Bruma when we leave a house.

Oh, oh, ok, nevermind. I assumed you meant going from exterior to interiors. Guess not. :)

I'll give another example of exterior to exterior, such as the Whiterun Main gate.

First we have WhiterunWorld > cell: WhiterunOrigin > WRDoorMainGate01 which is inside the city. This links to Tamriel > cell: WhiterunExterior04 > WRDoorMainGateRef (WRDoorMainGate01) which is outside the city.

The cell in WhiterunWorld has surrounding landscape outside the city walls, basic Tamriel landscape because it's an exterior cell, that you see when you leave the city.
The cell in Tamriel has a mocked up city inside the city walls, made up of all the architecture LOD plus basic landscape, that you see when you enter the city (this is also the same as the LOD you see from far away).

So basically, depending on your scenario, you have to build up what is seen beyond a door when it opens.

Does that help?

• Upvote 1

Does that help?

It does! Thank you! :)

I would need a tutorial about the

... The cell in Tamriel has a mocked up city inside the city walls, made up of all the architecture LOD plus basic landscape, ...

part though!

From a member of the project, I just learnt that there was a, quoting the author, "workaround in Oblivion that created a box with a screenshot of the interior (or exterior) that you could see through." Do you know anything about that? It seems a lot easier to do to as inexperienced modders as me... ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

From a member of the project, I just learnt that there was a, quoting the author, "workaround in Oblivion that created a box with a screenshot of the interior (or exterior) that you could see through." Do you know anything about that? It seems a lot easier to do to as inexperienced modders as me... ;)

I don't know if this helps, but have a look at how Mr Siika set up fake panoramas with screenshots behind his see-through windows:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/s9-XVp-Ua8pFn4nDWWJSK9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

You can additionally script that at day- and nighttime different screenshots are enabled.

But to be honest, I don't think you will see very much through that small gap that is visible when a load door opens.

• Upvote 1

I could write up a more detailed mini tutorial if you'd like, but it would be easier if I knew the exact way your doors are set up and where the player would be coming from and to. As I said, it would depend on your scenario.

Tamira has the better idea of simple planes placed behind the doors with pictures of what they should see when the doors open, if you can get pictures. You'd need a unique one for each door you have. If that sounds easier I can whip up a nif file for you to use then it would be a matter of attaching the texture file and placing it by your doors.

• Upvote 1

I could write up a more detailed mini tutorial if you'd like, but it would be easier if I knew the exact way your doors are set up and where the player would be coming from and to. As I said, it would depend on your scenario.

Tamira has the better idea of simple planes placed behind the doors with pictures of what they should see when the doors open, if you can get pictures. You'd need a unique one for each door you have. If that sounds easier I can whip up a nif file for you to use then it would be a matter of attaching the texture file and placing it by your doors.

The idea is that the player see the streets of Bruma when he gets out of a house: interior-->exterior. That's about it. I'm sure this kind of tutorial would be helpful to modders but it's up to you. Thank you for caring anyway! :)

If it proves too complicated to do, we'll simply have doors that show no animation when we activate them I suppose. Simplicity is not that bad after all.

Thanks all for your help!