DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Localisation/Translation?

dodgyjammers

Anybody have any idea how to get started on localising / translating skyrim?? I'm really eager to get into this kind of work but have no real knowledge of how to get started. 

Would it be best to contact people with projects underway directly? Or to start small and build up some sort of portfolio? I've taken a look at the tesV translator but I don't really know how to use it. I have a high standard of French as well as some German and fluent English, and translating either direction would be fine for me. I've done small translation services before, for internet trailers, in a few languages including Irish (I'm from Ireland ^^), though I don't know if that last one would have any appeal :P

Anyone willing to help out and throw some advice my way? ^^

I often translate mods for skyrim. If you need a tool you have to use the following.

It's one of the best tools and also remembers the Strings or librarys you made. You are also able to easily update .esps.

You can also translate .esm files.

You just have to read the readme carefully and it's your best friend in translations :D.

Here the link ;).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29148/?