DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Is the "Beta Testing Guild" shut down?

Force85

I noticed in the "forums" section there was a beta testing guild http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/162-beta-testing-guild/. But when I go there everything is locked. I can't reply to any of the topics. Also the last update was almost two years ago. So did they get shut down? Or is it just closed until they get more modders? The reason I'm asking is that I've been working on a mod and so far I'm the only one that's been testing it. And I would like to have a few testers try it out, before I upload it. 

The guild was closed in December 2012 when the guild master left the modding scene and we were unable to find a replacement: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5733-changes-around-site/#entry85397

The guild forum has been marked as read-only, and will be eventually be removed. That said, there are lots of folks around here willing to test and if you'd like to do a private test you can even request a private forum for your testers. The Request & Services forum would be a good place to start recruiting testers. :good:

Okay, thanks. If I were to go about getting testers. How would they get access to my mod? I haven't uploaded it anywhere since I want it to be mostly finished first. Also how would I get the private forum? I'm still kind of new to this site. 

Edited by Force85

That's really, really, really sad. The reason I started to join TESA was the Betatest Guild. :(

What would involve taking care of the guild?

You volunteering? :D

Basically, recruiting testers, keeping track of testers, and ongoing projects, perhaps some marketing to let folks know the BTG is open for business again. Keeping the forums on-topic, and focused where they need to be, etc.

Hardest part is, recruiting testers......

I would volunteer. For me, it's more a question of time. I have limited sparetime and my own mod eats up enough of it.

How much time does it cost per week? Maybe if we are two people to take care of it, someone who previously declined would agree? :)

I wouldn't class that as the biggest problem, it really seemed more about not being able to maintain the leadership.

The guild was founded with two leaders, one quit, next quit, brought in someone new but they quit. For an organizational person with testing prowess and some free time it's a great gig and folks have a good time; finding such a leader is not easy when most modders already have things going.

When leadership lost interest, we lost testers, it was too big a job for our forum staff to cover in the long term sense so we had to close it after a couple months. There were plenty of mods to test. :D

We did scout for new leaders at the time but no one would commit. It's a great idea and it works well when run as it's supposed to, it's just getting that go to person or people to run it that keeps it closed. :shrug: