DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Looking for a few beta testers. (Coins of Skyrim WIP)

Force85

I'm working on a coin overhaul mod called "Coins of Skyrim". In this mod I replace the default gold coin with a copper septim and then I add in silver and gold septims. And unlike the other coin mods that I've seen. You don't sell my coins to gain their value. When you pick up a silver septim you will (hopefully) instantly gain it's value (which is 50) the same goes for gold (which has a value of 100).  This is done by a script. Created by schatten.

So when you pick up, lets say a sliver coin. It will delete it's self and give you 50 copper coins. This is the only way I could do this. Since the coin system for Skyrim is hard encoded into the game (or at least that's what I'm told). 

You can get my new coins by either. Finding them in the world. Looting them from containers, bandits, ect, or by completing quest.

There are two versions of this mod.

Version 1 just adds in the copper, silver and gold septims. The copper and silver coins were created by SpiderAkiraC.

Version 2 is the same as version 1 but it replaces the coins found in nordic and dwemer ruins with nordic and dwemer coins created by InsanitySorrow. (the nordic and dwemer coins need to be sold)

Both mods also change some of the player dialogue. So for instance when you go to buy a house. Instead of it saying (X amount gold) It will instead say (X amount Septims). 

Why I need testers. I need people to test this mod to make sure it's working properly. So primarily making sure the script for the new coins works 100%l the time (or at least 75% amount of time) Also to find player dialogue that still needs to be changed. 

I would like to at least get two testers. One for each version. My mod also has a FoMod installer so I would appreciate if you guys would test that out as well. So ff you would like to test my mod let me know and I will PM you the file. 

Images from my mod

2-1.gif?t=1394045561

TESV2014-03-0200-52-56-27.jpg

TESV2014-03-0200-57-45-72.jpg

2-2.jpg

TESV2014-03-0200-04-54-39.jpg

Edited by Force85

Because I modified Breezehome, I also modified the prices of its contents, so I guess this will screw that part in your mod. Beside this, I'm willing to test it. :)

Edit: Err... I just remembered that I also modified all the "reward" lists, their amount being a lot too high for my taste, and the carriages and ferries fees, these ones being too low. Looks like testing your mod might give wrong results. Sorry... :(

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Because I modified Breezehome, I also modified the prices of its contents, so I guess this will screw that part in your mod. Beside this, I'm willing to test it. :)

Edit: Err... I just remembered that I also modified all the "reward" lists, their amount being a lot too high for my taste, and the carriages and ferries fees, these ones being too low. Looks like testing your mod might give wrong results. Sorry... :(

Wouldn't wrye bash solve this by merging the lists in the patch? :)

Edited by schatten

You should actually be okay, for the most part. The only problem I can see you running into here is that the you modified the "reward" list. You shouldn't run into any problems with the other changes though. (changing the price of the carriages and such) Since all I did was replaces the "gold" line in the player dialogue with "septims" I didn't touch the pricing. So it should be okay there. And actually. It would be good to know if my mod works with other mods that increase pricing of houses, carriages, and such. If you change your mind and you decide to test my mod. Just let me know. 

Must I create a new character to use it. With such changes, I bet it'll be yes.

No. You shouldn't need to create a new character. 

Did you also change "gold" into "septims" in "the quest all beggars have" and in WERoad01 (Farmers refugees after dragon attack)?

Yes. I changes those as well. I am thinking though that I probably should make a version that doesn't have the dialogue changes. Which shouldn't really take me that long to make. 

Is there anyone else willing to test my mod? I would like to have at least one more tester. I really would like to have this mod uploaded soon. 

Well, you could upload it and have it tested on a full scale. I suppose you have tried it extensively so you probably know how it works. As far as I've noticed it's working fine. Users will report problems and you will be able to fix them by updating your mod. Mods that involve heavy scripting like yours cannot be perfect at once. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, thanks. But I already uploaded the mod. You can still test it out if you want to though. 

Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51871/?

TesAlliance: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1722-coins-of-tamriel/

In "knowns issues", you forgot "incompatible with any mod that changes the reward lists, quests about rewards, carriages and ferries fees, etc.". ;)

:blink: Opps! But I thought that if you load a mod that effects those things after my mod they would work. 

No, if mod A and mod B change a reward list, even if they don't modify the same thing in the list (yours changes the currency, mine changes the amount of the rewards), it's the last mod loaded that "wins", theoretically at least. Loading my mod after yours overrides your changes; loading it before yours, your mod override my changes. Our mods are incompatible with each other. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon