DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Sortanic Isles - Skyrim DLC Sized Mod - WIP

AirtightSpring3

Sortanic Isles Community Poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What faction should I make for the initial release?

• The Sentinels
    • The Silent Order
    • The Bounty Hunting Guild
    • The Vigilante Questline
  2. 2. What walls should be used for Sigminion

• The Riften Walls (shown in pictures)
    • Custom walls made by Stroti (all credit for walls will be given to Stroti)

Some of you may have been following my old mod, Riften Depths. Well I have decided to evolve it into a entirely new mod called, The Sortanic Isles. The mod is largely WIP and I am not the fastest worker, but I will be releasing the mod in four chunks, to lessen the wait. The first release will be everything RIften Depths was going to be and a little bit more. (Just not underground...) Expect to see stories involving Snow Elves, Dwemer, Espionage and more by the time the mod is finished. I would like to thank those who have supported me over my somewhat slow modding career, I am quite busy with school and am also an active game player as well as modder, but I continue to press on due to community support. Without further ado, I would like to introduce my project!

The Sortanic Isles - Background:

The Sortanic Isles were founded in 4E 175, the same year the White Gold Concordat was signed, by a man named Nicoli Anduli. The Isles were stumbled upon by Anduli some years earlier in an area to the West of Morrowind. Anduli did not originally intend to bring others to these islands, but after the Great War ended, a small group of people came with Anduli to the Isles so that they could safely worship Talos, and live a life free of the Dominion. To this day no one not living on the Isles has stumbled upon them, making them a continued safe haven for those who live there.

The largest of the three main Islands is Aeldon, known for it’s large city surrounded by mountains. This was the seat of Anduli when he ruled, but he recently disappeared after years of rule, none knowing whether he is alive or not. Aeldon consists of two towns inhabited by various races found in Tamriel. Aeldon has a large amount of forests in the Northern regions, but there are plains found in the South.

Another of the main isles is Ethoria, found to the East of Aeldon, this isle largely resembles the ashlands of Solstheim due to the eruption of a local volcano some years ago, but the Northern part of the isle still remains to be a grassland filled with hot springs and geysers. The third isle is Pravon and is found to the Northeast of Aeldon. Pravon consists of a large snowy valley surrounded by mountains and contains open fields, forests, and glaciers. It is said that Pravon is home to a small population of Snow Elves.

Note to Readers: If any of what I have written so far goes against Lore please inform me, there will be towns/villages on Ethoria and Pravon, but I am going to leave it open to the community to decide who inhabits them once I am done with and have released Aeldon.

Story Information:

The story will begin with a man named Gaius Crassus coming to the Dragonborn for help, eventually leading the Dragonborn to the Sortanic Isles. I do not wish to spoil too much of the quest but Act 1, which will be released with Aeldon, will involve a mysterious disappearance in the main town of Aeldon, known to the people as Sigminion. The Dragonborn will be tasked with finding this missing person, which will eventually scale into a much bigger story involving large dungeons, bandit attacks on Sigminion and more. The end of Act 1 will provide the player with a very generous reward and set the stage for the larger events happening in Act 2.

Factions Information:

I would like there to be multiple factions the player can join by the time I am finished. I will only try to have one completed by the time I finish Aeldon, and which I choose will be selected by the community. The Sentinels will be guardians of the Sortanic Isles directly under the control of Cato Crassus, the younger brother of Gaius Crassus. The Sentinels defend the Isles from possible danger and are responsible for hunting some large monsters. The next faction is the called The Silent Order, or The Order for short. The Order is responsible for espionage throughout Tamriel on behalf of the Sortanic Isles and often works for the good of the people of Tamriel and against the Dominion, who do not know of their existence. A member of the Order can expect to be sent to infiltrate enemy strongholds and gather information using persuasion and stealth, the Dragonborn, if they join, will work up to be the head of operations in Skyrim. I would like to make a Bounty Hunter Guild which functions somewhat like a group of paid assassins but they have no ties whatsoever to religious sources like the Daedric Gods. Lastly I would like to make a player “Vigilante†system, where the Dragonborn can rise from lowly crime fighter to hero. The Dragonborn will be able to assemble a team, found a base of operations, and upgrade their abilities over time. These are the factions I was thinking of, remember only one will be finished when I release Aeldon, so vote wisely

smile.gif

Project Info:

- Three large islands with multiple towns.

- Four factions the player can join by the time the mod is finished.

- A four act main storyline.

- One (or more) custom voiced followers.

- New powers for the player.

- An Arena for fighting in and betting on fights in.

- A player home given at the start and a castle available later.

- A few things I don’t want to spoil given through the questline…

- Custom soundtracks for the islands.

Progress (V 1.0)

- Aeldon Landscape: 50%

- Town of Sigminion Exterior: 100% (May change walls)

- Town of Sigminion Interior: 60%

- Main Questline Act 1: 20%

- Working Arena: 50% (Working but need to add more fights to it.)

- Faction 1: 0% (Not chosen yet)

- Various Side Quests: 0%

- Custom Voiced Follower 1: 0%

Mod Requirements:

- Skyrim

- Dawnguard

- Dragonborn (Version 1.0 (Aeldon) will probably not require Dragonborn)

Photos of Aeldon So Far:

1909219_528575553928477_483836995_o.jpg

1939757_528575720595127_739961648_o.jpg

1978519_528575780595121_1880170739_o.jpg

1939561_528995493886483_858139691_o.jpg

1149452_528995713886461_1443164352_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing my topic and I hope you will eagerly await this mod as I eagerly await the many other DLC sized mods in productions. Keep looking at this page for more info until the mods release, at which time I will put a link up to Airtight Studios Facebook Page for future mod updates.

1391695_462019903917376_1535892560_n.jpg

Well today I did some work on the mountains surrounding Sigminion, before as you can see in the pictures they were somewhat flat on the top and very steep going straight up. I am attempting to give them a more gradual incline, have a pass between Sigminion and the rest of Aeldon, and to add multiple peaks to the mountain range. I have all of this but the pass now completed and after this I will add smaller rocks and other clutter to the mountains to make them look more alive. I do not have pictures of this yet because for it to look good I need to regenerate LOD because I have changed so much of the landscape. Once I have the part of the island I am working on done I will regenerate LOD and upload pictures. Look for screenshots of this, the new lake and the forest area in the coming days. After that I will be making the second town on Aeldon and then I will expand the island to include the larger plains area with the singular mountain, which at this point is unnamed.

Update: I have been working the landscape some more, haven't done to much over the last few days due to a large amount of homework. I have got a large amount of pine forest put into the Northern half of Aeldon and am working every day on making the mountains look more like actual mountains out of Skyrim by making them more slopped than what they were before (before they were flat and went straight up) and have been decorating them with rocks and pine trees. Soon I'll be starting on the southern half of Aeldon which is mostly plains with one very large central mountain. Once I get the entire landscape done I'll post pictures since I have to do a fair amount of work to reload the LOD, so I am going to wait until I'm done so that I only have to go through that process once.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a little while but I got creation kit working again, had some problem with a missing executable but got a question answered that told me how to solve the problem. I have gotten most of the forest area done and most of the mountain of Aeldon done, meaning that all I have left is a little forest, a small village, and some rocky/plains terrain to design until Aeldon's rough draft is complete. I'm hoping to have pictures up by Friday when I leave for a week long trip, hopefully all goes well generating my LOD again, since it got deleted when my Skyrim files did. Keep checking back here for further update and thanks for your suport.

Got the second town exterior looking good and made the large mountain which is the main feature of the southern part of Aeldon. None of this is as detailed as Sigminion at the moment but this is just a rough draft I of the isalnd that I wanted done by tomorrow so I could create the LOD and post some good pictures before I go on a weeklong break. So check back tomorrow for pictures of Aeldon and it's various features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the screenshots, I am in the middle of working out some crazy LOD problems with another modder, I think we are coming close to fixing that problem once and for all! Just thought I'd give an update since it has been one month since I gave my last update. I've been busy with AP Testing and trips but I am still working. I had to redo my Arena Scripts because my PC went crazy a while back and deleted all my skryrim stuff (I had most this mod backed up, just not all my scripts...) but now the player can fight to earn money and bet on fights. I also fixed Makaro the merchant whose voice files were set out of sync and I am currently receiving assistance from another modder regarding my LOD issues that have been messing up my island. After school is out I'll have more time for modding but just thought I'd let you know I am still working. I have began to contact some voice actors and will continue to do so over the next few days, if you commented before I will contact you within the next few days about which voice acting positions you would like to fill the spots that I know I will need filled are a young imperial male, elderly nord female beggar, middle aged male nord merchant, middle aged redguard male farmer, argonian male and female. Those are positions that I haven not contacted anyone about yet, so if you want more information or some lines to test out for any of those parts, please let me know. Thanks!

- AirtightSpring3

While I wait for a solution to my LOD problem to be found I have continued to work on parts of the mod that do not involve the islands themselves. I decided to completely redo the first quest which originally was talk, kill and then talk again to something more than that. Now the player has to go on a note guided (meaning no points to direct you) quest to find and take out an enemy. The player will have to use intuition and persuasion to find the target and then may/may not kill them depending on their choice (which could matter later :) ). The first quest will now have four voiced actors instead of one and much more dialogue. Today I wrote the script for the quest and am going through now and plugging in the dialogue with my voice for all the parts so I can make sure the quest works before I find voice actors for the parts.

Today was quite a successful day in the creation kit. I implemented all the changes I had wrote out yesterday for the first quest, did the quest scripting and put some sample voice acting files in (done by me and not permanent) in to see how the quest ran in game. I got through the quest and solved all the glitches that I found. The first quest went from 15 lines of dialogue and one voiced NPC to 35 lines of dialogue and 4 custom voiced NPCs (although one has a very small role.) The original quest consisted of getting information, killing an enemy actor and returning to the quest giver. The quest now includes the player stumbling upon a Courier who had just received a letter to give to the player, the player then goes, speaks to the main NPC of this quest and then sets out on a small journey to find the enemy actor that I just sent the player to before. There are multiple ways to find out the needed information needed including the usual intimidate, bribe and persuasion as well as attacking and pickpocketing. So all in all I feel this quest is much more flushed out and not only is more fun but gives a much better description of how the main NPC Gaius found the player. I'll spend the next few days before I leave for a trip this weekend polishing the quest, and adding a few more features to it as well as working with some voice actors, then when I come back hopefully I can fix this LOD issue for good and begin hard work on the main island of Aeldon again, at which point I will post the long overdue screenshots. A trailer should also be on the horizon, I just need to make sure I get the right voice actor for Gaius because he has a lot of lines (probably over 1000 by the end...) Thanks for reading my updates and I hope you are looking forwards to the mod. And as always thanks to those of you who comment, it really means a lot to me to see that people support my work.

- AirtightSpring3

I only have a small update today. I spent about two hours polishing and testing the quest. It should run without failure now (It ran successfully on my PC). I added rewards/bribe rewards for the player (I'd forgot to add them before...) fixed some dialogue issues, and added a new stage to the quest to get one of the scenes to function correctly. I also added all the technical stuff regarding the dialogue, like when the NPCs who say it are supposed to say it. And added a few more misc. NPCs who help the main NPCs fight. Then lastly, I added notes in that help lead the player to Thryno (the main enemy of this first quest.) Once I get back from my weekend trip I will find voice actors for the quest and as I have been saying, fix the LOD problem.