DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Place a custom video to play on the Start Menu background

R0R0N0

I've looked at the various custom start menu mods and from what I can tell the start menu is just an empty cell, and you can place meshes with static animations in it by overwriting the logo.nif file in the "..meshes/interface" folder.

This method is out of the question as I have found out even if you wanted to do something like creating the camera effect method where you have meshes(wallpaper/map) as many as the amount of frames in the video and have each mesh/frame animate away after the other to create the effect that a video is being displayed. This would amount to thousands of frames/meshes and so is impossible.

I directed my attention to the "startmenu.swf" located in the "data/interfaces/" folder as this seems to be the core of the start menu instead, I explored the contents with "Sothink SWF Decompiler" but unfortunately, this is where I came to a dead end as I did not have any experience in how I would go about editing the contents of this file to display a custom video of mine.

Is there anyone who has experience with this file? Is there any way to display a custom video in the background of the Start Menu?

The video will have no sound as the start menu music can be replaced.

Edited by R0R0N0