DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[MISC] Texture Check for Blender 2.49-2.5-2.7

Vince

If you are using the new Blender (2.50 or later) would you please try the following:

1) In Top View add a plane mesh and scale it 0.10 in Y (so the width to height ratio is 10:1).  Do not apply a material.

2) In the UV editor load the image below and map it to the plane using Project from View (Bounds).  Since the width to height ratio of the image is also 10:1, it should fit exactly.

3) Set the Viewport Shading to Texture and let me know what you see.  Do you see the image with a transparent background?

4) Set the Viewport Shading to Solid and in the 3D view properties sidebar, in Shading control under Multitexture check Textured Solid.  Do you see the same thing?

If you try this, please let me know what version you are using and thank you very much.

TopShankCurveT_zps8059d6cd.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are still using Blender 2.49 please follow the steps below and let me know what you see.

1) In Top view, add a plane mesh and scale it to 0.1 in Y.
2) In the UV Editor load the image above.
3) Switch to Edit mode and UV map the plane using Project from View (Bounds).
4) Set the Draw Type to Textured and verify that you see the texture.
5) At the very bottom of the View Properties menu, check Solid Tex.
6) Switch the Draw Type to Solid and verify that you still see the texture.
7) Switch to Edit mode and find the Texture Face panel.  Click Alpha.  Note: this panel is only visible when you are in Edit mode with a mesh that has been UV mapped .  It is often tabbed with Multires.
8) Verify that you see the texture with a transparent background with Draw Type set to either Textured or Solid.

Thanks.

Edited by Vince

Blender 2.49;

4) Yes, I see the texture as is, with black background in Textured draw type.

6) Yes, I see the same in Solid draw type.

8) Yes, the texture is now transparent and I can see it in both modes. There is slight image degradation in Solid mode though.