DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] How best to do leveled lists?

Tabris

Hello TESA Community,

I've just recently started studying modding for Skyrim, i play using the Requiem overhaul and i'm starting to think of making some compatibility patches for item mods to use with it. Due to Requiem's unleveled nature this would mean messing a lot with leveled lists. I've been thinking about starting with Jaysus Swords, and according to his page on the nexus it's ok to make a patch for this mod as long as it requires the original, so i've been looking into mods using TES5Edit to see how they do their Leveled Lists and noticed there are two different ways.

1 - Adding the items directly to the Leveled Lists that come with the game. This is the way it's done by Lore Weapon Expansion and some other mods i've looked into.

2 - Adding the items into a separate Leveled List that is them added by itself into the leveled lists that come with the game. This is the way Jaysus Swords and Immersive Weapons does it.

So i was thinking, is there any difference between those two besides organization? Is one of those better than the other?

And another question, is there anything i most do so the leveled list is correctly merged when i use Wrye's Bash besides giving the esp the tags for it? BTW, which tags would those be?

Also, feel free to give me any advice or tips you may have about working with leveled lists.

Edited by Tabris

I can answer the first part of the question for you about the two methods you have seen other mods use. Both work well but may have different results depending on how they are set up.

When you look at a Levelled list notice the Count parameter. This is a weighting for that item being chosen. It doesn't matter whether there are several loose weapons listed individually or a sub-list. The sub-list will help keep the main Levelled list tidy and easier to understand if you are adding sets of things but you may have to study the relative weighting to get the result you want.

I can't answer the Bashed Patch rules as I have not got that far myself yet.

I can answer the first part of the question for you about the two methods you have seen other mods use. Both work well but may have different results depending on how they are set up.

When you look at a Levelled list notice the Count parameter. This is a weighting for that item being chosen. It doesn't matter whether there are several loose weapons listed individually or a sub-list. The sub-list will help keep the main Levelled list tidy and easier to understand if you are adding sets of things but you may have to study the relative weighting to get the result you want.

I can't answer the Bashed Patch rules as I have not got that far myself yet.

Thanks for the help. I'm actually close to finishing the patch. I just need to revise my work and do the meltdown recipes that Requiem uses.