DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP/RELz] Serana Dialogue Edit

ThatGuyYeah

q2xTpPg.png

VERSION: 0.5 (Beta Stage)

Mod Requirements
-Skyrim
-Dawnguard DLC
-Hearthfire DLC
-Dragonborn DLC

Languages
-English (I am open to the possibility of having people help translate this mod in other languages once this mod enters the LIVE phase)

What does this mod do?
This mod is a complete overhaul on Serana's dialogue to give her a more immersive feel to her character.

How to install the mod?
If installing from NMM, just click on the mod and let NMM install it. If installing manually, just take the .bsa and .esp files and put them in the data folder for Skyrim. Nothing special. If installing manually, just make sure that the mod is activated in the Data Files when opening Skyrim. If using a previous version of this mod, remove the two files (either through NMN or manual), download the latest version of this mod and install.

What is the reason for making this mod?
It started off with fixing a few lines that I felt made Serana a very flat NPC that showed obvious signs that she was rushed by Bethesda. It soon spiraled into the monster that it is today. Mostly, this was meant to be my way of entering into the modding community and learn about the Creation Kit and modding.

What changes does this mod make?
Here is the complete list of what this mod will do:

Combat - Detection - Normal to Alert:
-Made 'Who's there?' be said randomly once every 2.5 hours. Not said when sneaking.
-Added Audio: 'Did you hear something?' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Be careful' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours
-Added Audio: 'Sigh...' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours

Combat - Detection - Alert to Combat:
-Made 'You can't hide from us!' and 'There you are are, father!' be said during Harkon's boss fight randomly.
-Made 'I knew I head something!' be said randomly once every 2.5 hours. Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Your life ends here!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Here we go!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Oh no you don't!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Tough day for you!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'This won't end well for you!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Ugh...Damn it!' - Random/Once every 2.5 hours

Combat - Detection - Normal to Combat:
-Make 'Where'd you come from?!' be said randomly once every 3 hours. Not said when sneaking.
-Added Audio: 'You will not touch him!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Player is Male/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'You will not touch her!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Player is Female/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Watch out!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Look out!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Die!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'You're dead!' - Random/Once every 3 hours/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Damn it!' - Random/Once every 3 hours

Combat - Detection - Combat to Normal:
-Made 'Teamwork, right there' not said when sneaking.
-Added Audio: 'Ha ha' - Random/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'I'm done with you!' - Random/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'You keep surprising me.' - Random/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Figured.' - Random/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'You're all talk.' - Random/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'I still remember how to fight!' - Random/Said only once/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'I'm feeling hungry...' - Random/Once every 12 hours/When Serana is a Vampire/Not said when sneaking
-Added Audio: 'Sigh...' - Random
-Added Audio: 'Keep strong and eyes open.'Random/Once every 3 hours/Said only when sneaking

Combat - Taunts:
-Added Audio: 'I'm not afraid of you!' - Random
-Added Audio: 'Come on, we can do this! I know we can!' - Random/Once every 0.1 hours/During Dragon Fights

Sun Dialogue:
-'It'll be good...', 'Good...', 'Let's move faster...', 'It's so bright...', 'This must be...', 'I'm no fan of...' and 'Let's get indoors...' have conditions added to them to prevent Serana from saying these when cured.
-'Let's get indoors...' and 'This must be...' have been recycled for Serana when cured and said during bad weather conditions.

Radiant Dialogue:
-Added Audio: 'Oh...wow...' and 'Really?' when the player is naked.
-Added Audio: 'Never saw anything like this back on the island.' when the player and Serana are at the top of the Throat of the World.
-Added Audio: 'Oh wow. This is gorgeous.' during an aurora sky (clear or cloudy) between the hours of 12 AM and 5 AM.
-Added Audio: 'Are you alright?', 'Are you alright? That looked painful.' and 'Are you okay? Almost thought I lost you there.' when the player is injured (player's health is less than a certain percentage).
-Added Audio: 'Looks like you know your Daedra' when the player is wearing full, unenchanted Daedric Armor (Helmet, Gauntlets, Boots, Cuirass)
-Added Audio: 'I have to admit I'm impressed...' when the player is wielding the Mace of Molag Bal
-Added Audio: 'Look at this place...' when the player and Serana are at Raven Rock
-Added Audio: 'Look at the sky. What kind of place is this?' when the player and Serana are experiencing the unique weather in Solistheim.
-Added Audio: 'Is that...? Oh no...' when the player is wielding Spider Scrolls. Because of how the condition works, it will only work if the player is wielding a Spider Scroll in the RIGHT hand.
-Added Audio: 'More spiders?! I liked the ones back home better.' when the player is in White Ridge Barrow.

Casting Spells on Serana: (because of how vanilla Skyrim caps spells way too low, don't be surprised if you do not get some of these dialogues to trigger)
-Added Audio: 'I feel a little warmer, now.' when the player casts a calming spell on her.
-Added Audio: 'Here we go!' when the player casts a courage spell on her.
-Added Audio: 'Kind of soothing, actually.' when the player casts an appropriate healing spell on her (you cannot cast heal other if Serana is a vampire or heal undead when Serana is cured).

Dismissing Serana:
-Fixes reponses said by Serana when dismissing her.
-Replaces audio of Serana parting ways with player to give a better immersive feel.

Marriage Proposal:
-Will still say no, but will give the 'Look I care about you.' dialogue instead of the original.

Clicking on Serana:
-Added Audio: 'Yes? What did you need?', 'What's out next move?' and 'Let's go.' added when clicking on Serana to talk to her.

Bloodline Quest:
-Corrects Line of subtitle.
-Edits dialogue when approaching Castle Volkihar with Serana the first time either as a Vampire or Non-Vampire.

Prophet Quest:
-Edits dialogue when talking to Serana about Elder Scroll and chosing the option suggesting that she might want to get to know the player.

Chasing Echoes:
-Fixes 'Yes? What did you need?' to be said once every 24 hours.
-(Dawnguard Side) Replaces audio to Serana responding to player turning into a vampire when player saying that he/she is glad she is the one that turns the player.

Touching the Sky:
-The dialogue with Serana about the Gelebor not caring about what a bunch of vampires do with the bow has been restricted to the Vampire side of the Dawnguard questline. A new custom dialogue tree has been added for those who did not side with the Vampires.

Kindred Judgement:
-After Harkon's defeat, Serana will ask if she can continue with the adventuring with the player. This will generate different responses depending on what the player will say.

Curing Serana:
-Serana can now be cured if the player sided with the vampires on the Dawnguard questline. The player must first be cured of vampirism through Falion (one can start the quest by talking to a tavern owner about any rumors). Once cured, the dialogue about curing Serana will appear. After a few days, Serana will appear in Castle Volkihar.

Custom Dialogues (Dawnguard):
-Custom dialogue trees have been added in various stages of Bloodline, Prophet, Unseen Visions, Touching the Sky and Kindred Judgment quests. Triggering these dialogues is quest stage dependent (and sometimes location dependent).

Any future plans for this mod?

Version 0.6 will introduce the following: (Tentative)
-Expansion of Serana's Dialogue in Hearthfire.
-Custom dialogue branches for Serana post-Dawnguard.
-More custom dialogue for Serana for Dragonborn.
-Overhaul on Serana's Taunts.
Edited by ThatGuyYeah