DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Seeking help with moons in Creation Kit

fadingsignal

Hello everyone!  This is my first question post, so please forgive me if there is any sort of protocol that I may have missed.  I used the search function in the hopes to find an existing topic, but alas, found nothing.

I recently finished and released a texture mod for the moons in Skyrim (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54349/?), but want to experiment a bit more, and am having trouble finding anything related to them in the Creation Kit.  They don't have meshes, and are just flat planes with static images rendered onto them, but I want to find whatever those objects are in CK to study them.  There are several mods I'd like to make related to the moons, their movement, appearance, etc. but am limited to re-texturing at the moment (as all mods available apparently are.)

Are they part of the skybox or some other environmental object?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Most of the information would be in Gameplay > GameSettings; What they mean and how safe they are to change, I don't know.

fMasserAngleFadeEnd
fMasserAngleFadeStart
fMasserAngleShadowEarlyFade
fMasserSpeed
fMasserZOffset
fSecundaAngleFadeEnd
fSecundaAngleFadeStart
fSecundaAngleShadowEarlyFade
fSecundaSpeed
fSecundaZOffset

iMasserSize
iSecundaSize

You can also find some settings to adjust them under WorldData > Climate > SkyrimClimate. Well, somewhat anyway. The records mostly refer to the sun, which would affect the moon.

• Upvote 1

I tried playing with the moons myself, but like you found no objects. My new project has a dynamic sky, changing from perpetual darkness to normal after the main mod quest is completed. Changing the texture shape and cycle of the moons was part of the new night sky, however like you I can not see where the texture is actually applied. I tried looking in evey mesh folder I could, but to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that it must behard coded, however if you find out to the contrary I'd sure like to know about it.

Good luck. :D

Hana, are those .ini settings? If so the safest way to experiment there is to save a backup of your current .ini`s ... yes all of them .  Then it`s all about .. make a change, go in game and look ... over and over again. Write down the original settings, then note your series of changes. In my early days in OB, I took an interest in .ini settings for landscape features. Extremely tedious, but I learned a lot.

I tried playing with the moons myself, but like you found no objects. My new project has a dynamic sky, changing from perpetual darkness to normal after the main mod quest is completed. Changing the texture shape and cycle of the moons was part of the new night sky, however like you I can not see where the texture is actually applied. I tried looking in evey mesh folder I could, but to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that it must behard coded, however if you find out to the contrary I'd sure like to know about it.

Good luck. :D

Thanks, yeah I think there must simple be a script somewhere that places the texture into the skybox and uses the Game Settings (size, etc.) to move it around.  I'll do some more digging and report back if I find anything!

Thanks all for the replies, please do let me know if something turns up :)