DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OBL] Unable to get NPC to ride horse

KWITS

Good Day,

I have created a custom NPC and a customer horse. However, after creating respective packages for each that are identical to Imperial Riders, my NPC travels to their assigned location and completely bypasses the imperative command for, "Use Horse". I have checked the factions and the AI and can't find why the NPC won't engage the horse.  Does anyone have an ideas?

Cheers,

KWITS

Developer of TESIV Mods: Word and Void series.

Well I'm not looking at the mod so I can't say for sure. However when I made a custom horse and companion mod for Oblivion myself ( personal use not uploaded), I set the instance into the game world and right clicked on it and set ownership to the NPC I made.

I also made custom summoning spells for both the NPC and their horse, which solved a lot of headaches, especially for NPCs who refused to follow you through the main city gates.

As far as the karma ( can't remmember what it was called in Oblivion) thing, I really could not say, though I suppose you could try setting the horse's to match if that is possible.