DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP]/[REL] Skyrim Reimagined.

SpectralDragon

I originally wanted to release this mod on TESA first, as I like this place better. Sadly at nearly a half gig download TESA would not let me upload it. It is on the Nexus instead: Skyrim Reimagined at the Nexus.

I will keep the description short as I have a habit of going into too much detail: (Pasted from Nexus)

Skyrim Reimagined is a larger idea which will focus on adding to the content of the game as a whole. Very little will be left untouched; enemies, clutter, dungeons, and quests are just a few things this idea will touch upon, given time.

This first part of Skyrim Reimagined deals in clutter. It adds new rugs, paintings, decoration, tablewares and plants. For now I have only had time to do Whiterun and Windehelm, however when I am done just about every cell will be changed with full compatibility thanks to the false master file format. Because there are a lot of modders resources I will happily look at modders requests

Will not screw with your lighting mods or mods which change vendors! I use ELE plus several various things myself.

An important note: this mod is a work in progress and should be treated as such. It is, however, fully functional and update-friendly (no scripts are currently being used, outside of a single vanilla one!)

Thanks goes to the following authors for use of their resources. (If you notice a resource I missed let me know and I will happily add it, pretty sure I got them all though.) I consider these people co-authors of this mod and hope that you, the reader and user of this mod, do as well.

Current Features:

• Changed and added wares in Whiterun and Windhelm
  • Added different barrels
  • Added Paintings to interiors
  • Added a few new morrowind drinks
  • Added Coinstacks
  • Added new and more varient rugs
  • Added Alchemy and Magick clutter
  • Added a cauldron which acts like an alchemy bench in Arcadia's Cauldron
  • Added some new beds
  • Added more hearthfire support in vanilla game by adding Hearthfire ovens and switching out static mead barrels with Hearthfire mead barrels.
  • Added more plants to whiterun and Windhelm
  • Added Potion shelves
  • Added Open Books
  • Added ingot stacks
  • Added Different colored Candles

The biggest reason I am posting this here is so TESA members can critique/add feedback to this mod to make it better.

Current plan is to finish the cluttering for this mod then move on to additional Dungeons/Monsters for Skyrim. Along with the clutter there are a few things I plan to fix:

• Overly Stretched cave areas (fixed by using meshes where the textures are not stretched.)
  • Add smoke stacks where they make sense.
  • Add Chimneys where there are none but should be.
  • Fix the few Roombound issues still in the game.
  • Talk to mod authors who have various re-textures for stuff (This lantern mod being a prime example,) and ask if I can use their assets where it makes sense (and obviously giving credit if and when they do allow it.) In the lantern example that retexture/remesh would be used in towns and homes where the vanilla rusted one would stay in dungeons.
  • Talk to the SMIM and RuinsClutterImproved authors about seamless transition between Skyrim Reimagined and their mods.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts are welcome.

Looks fabulous!

Regarding the lanterns, the retex/remesh is great, but you can also get some nice results using Funktasm's Morrowind Clutter textures on the vanilla mesh. I made some decent-looking brass lanterns for the FPI Gallery that way, though I didn't release the ID codes to users because I hadn't discussed repurposing the texture with him. (He's a generous guy and I think he'd go for it, but it slipped my mind to ask so I just used those lanterns as architectural elements.) There might also be some vanilla metallic textures that would work.

• Upvote 1

Looks fabulous!

Regarding the lanterns, the retex/remesh is great, but you can also get some nice results using Funktasm's Morrowind Clutter textures on the vanilla mesh. I made some decent-looking brass lanterns for the FPI Gallery that way, though I didn't release the ID codes to users because I hadn't discussed repurposing the texture with him. (He's a generous guy and I think he'd go for it, but it slipped my mind to ask so I just used those lanterns as architectural elements.) There might also be some vanilla metallic textures that would work.

The_Funktasm actually says on the mod description that the textures can be used for retexture of vanilla items. From his front page:

Note to modders: The textures in this were made to fit a common texture type in skyrim. What this means is that you can put them on the braziers in Whiterun for example, and some of the dwarven meshes also use the same coordinates, or similar enough. Experiment with them, and also experiment with Nifskope's UV Map tool. It's clunky, but I got some stuff that was almost right to look /just/ right instead, like the inkwells. You'll really have to be patient experimenting though, especially if you want to change the color/shade of vertices on things like that and candles.

As for re-purposing the textures themselves I am a bit hesitant to try that with his beautiful textures. I would like to note that I have experimented putting his textures on many vanilla items for the purpose of adding variety to chests, braziers, and other items and some of them turn out ok but a fair amount of them have extremely arcane UV maps.

I will definitely try it out on the vanilla Lantern though, possibly along with jaderoyales textures.

If you are worried about the size of the download it's well past the point of being reasonable already :shrug: I am hoping to keep it under 1.5 gigs for the clutter portion of the mod.

Thank you again for the use of your resources by the way :) And thanks for the reply as well! :pints:

So I am running into a couple problems, but they aren't technical so to speak.

The first is simple. I want to spread yellow mountain flower throughout skyrim. Problem is I am not sure what the lore people will think of this.

The second is the Unofficial Skyrim Patches. I am now on my third city and I notice something that is a movable static with a fire in it but is fixed in the patch. Problem is I want to re-texture it, and make it static. This shouldn't conflict, however in certain situations it will. I use the patches myself but have friends who won't because it breaks/fixes a few of the things that they want in the game.

So the real question is, should I make the patches masters of this file? I know I can use something like wrye bash to do this after I am done and make two versions of this, problem is this may or may not cause conflicts and I wanted to get thoughts on this before deciding.

The yellow mountain flower will also grow in Castle Volkihar Courtyard after Valerica replants her garden, and samples are found on the Inner Sanctum altar in Forgotten Vale, so it must grow somewhere in the vicinity. I don't think even a strict lore stickler could fault you for placing it in sheltered or warm areas, such as Eldergleam Sanctuary, the hot-springs area, or the lusher caves (Bloated Man's Grotto, Moss Mother Cavern, Shadowgreen Cavern, etc.). I think that would let you put some just about anywhere in Skyrim while still keeping it fairly rare and ensuring lore-friendliness.

Though, personally, I wouldn't object to seeing it wherever it pleases you to put it. I don't know of any lore that directly addresses the question. We only have whatever deductions we can draw from where we find it, which may have more to do with the devs wanting to add something new for the DLC rather than having lore implications.

• Upvote 1