DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY]Can't place Collision Markers in CK

Aralore

I am trying to place collision markers in my castle mod I am building, but when I go to create a collision plane, nothing happens. It makes it so that I can't select any object in the render window or anything in any other window. To be able to do that I have to click the [C] button again. The [C] button looks like it has been pushed in when I've clicked it, and I do have markers toggled visible. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Try these steps out:

1) Save a backup of your ini file (ONLY if you modified it.) Alternatively download the one I have on nexus if all you have is multi master and grass fix.

2) Go to steam, go to tools, right click on creation kit, properties, go to local files tab, hit verify integrity of games cache.

3) Let Steam do its thing.

4) Make sure you have the creation kit set to always update.

That alone should fix the problem based on past experience, if not report back and we will see what we can do.

Still nothing. I have attempted to make a video of what is going on note though I am not the best at making videos lol =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDcR_baEJg

As you can hopefully see in the video that, with the wall selected and I click the [c] button nothing happens. Plus I can not select anything else untill I "unclick" the [c] button again.

2 things:

1) in the video you posted, the one thing you didn't do is check behind the wall, CK likes to put things in weird spots. You can see if the collision plane is there by hitting the "T" button after selecting the render window, which will show where your object is top view. Also, I couldn't tell what you had selected in that video. Maybe it's just the video but normally it shows a colored line around the object you have selected.

2) Not all of your markers appear to be on. Click on View, click on show hide and see if your primitives are shown to view. Could be that it's there but you just can't see it. Primitives have an annoying habit of disappearing on you.

Hanaisse the reason he needs a collision plane is because not all pieces support collision RE: pieces that are normally roofs in his specific instance and thus would not normally need it.

EDIT: 3rd thing: select your render window, hit F5 and wait for the render window to refresh. Sometimes objects won't show until you do this.

Edited by SpectralDragon

I have tried all this and it just will NOT place a collision panel or box. Just will not do it. Even bookshelves that i had made long ago in another mod that had collision markers around it, the markers have just disappeared. Show that they are there in the Cell view but hiding markers and showing them again still nothing. It's driving me nuts................. :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  I am currently fully uninstalling and reinstalling Ck will update.

Edit: Ok that didnt work either, BUT I found a collision marking in one of my rooms that still showed and was able to copy and paste it where I needed and use gizmo to shape it so I guess this will have to do for now....  :D

Edited by Aralore