DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Why I am Thankful for this community.

jamochawoke

I came here as a refugee from the heavy handed moderation at TESNexus (now Nexus mods) and having to threaten legal action to get my mods and project threads taken down from there after they removed my access. You guys welcomed me with open arms and no judgments about being kicked out from there.

It's rare I find a group of people that share my interests, and less so when I find a group that is knowledgeable enough for me to really get something out of the community. I know I don't participate as much as I'd like to here and I don't post even 1/5 of what I should of my mod I'm working on (I'm actually kind of paranoid people will steal things from me so I'm keeping as much under wraps as possible and I agonize for days on what I could possibly share. I almost had a heart attack when I saw someone do another complete race overhaul that made the races skyrim-esque several months after I had shared that that was one of the major goals of my mod with progress shots (I'm still going ahead with that portion of the mod, and hopefully some people will like mine over theirs) but broad things like that are to be expected I guess especially since they've been done before sort of.

I'm happy I have a place here to share my work and ask questions when needed. I miss some of the experts over at the Nexus I was on friendly terms with and we collaborated and shared a lot. When I re-registered over there so I could private message them for help (they had no other way to contact them) they IP banned me lol :/. This space makes me happy because there is simply no drama here, just questions and answers and friendly chats on the slow days :).

And above all I'm thankful that you guys are hosting my work, even if I have gone missing for long periods before as I had some chaos in my life and had to move several times, and you've never knocked me for my ambition to one day work for Bethesda. I plan on building a website around it for portfolio purposes, but I also plan to give you guys as much credit as is due in that as well.

Thank you.

• Upvote 5

I came here as a refugee from the heavy handed moderation at TESNexus

I consider being banned from the nexus a badge of honour. :yes: While at one time TESSource helped shaped a community it's over zelous and insensitive moderation is responsible for fragmenting it. :grr: There are literally hundreds if not thousands of small TES/Bethesda forums and blogs that have sprung since it became TESNexus and began it's policy of banning members indiscriminately and then childishly making fun of them while following no rules or process. :stare: Some of the greatest mod authors have even gone as far as removing their mods altogether. So instead of becoming a haven for artistic creative thought they have become a black hole of negativity. :curse: Why mod authors still upload their mods over there I'll never understand. :sick:  If the leaders of the larger scattered TES/Bethesda fan forums would strategically come to together I am sure we as a whole could defeat the scourge that is now Nexus Mods. :vader:

Lanfear! You gets NO credit!! :lmao:

Awww... :thumbdown:                                                                              

... *bite*

Edited by Lanfear