DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with broken quest

Beana

Hey! So I have a vanilla quest that's broken in my game. Its one the Greybeards give to find a word of power. This was one of the reasons I transferred my save from my xbox to my pc so that I can fix this quest! I spent so many hours with this character. 

Basically what is going on is whenever I run to activate the word of power its not there. The sound is there but the lights aren't which show the word. I tried everything, waiting tons of hours, leaving and coming back. Using a different save isn't an option because none of the quicksaves didn't work after running through them and the one before it was way too many hours. I figured at some point in time I would be able to transfer it to my computer.. once I built one... and well... thats now LOL!!!

Does anyone know a way I can reset this quest so I can move on?

(yes i did specifically wait around so I could get Erandur to say that line :rofl: )

gallery_1060_150_142068.jpg

gallery_1060_150_98442.jpg

I know you don't want to go back (lazybones :) ) but I googled and found this thread and this post in it:

I had the exact same problem. Here's how I fixed it:

1) Walk up to the wall
2) Create an autosave. This can be done easily by enabling the 'save on wait' option and then wait a few hours.
3) Fast-travel to any location (I used Morthal)
4) Now load that auto-save

You should learn the word as soon as you appear right after it has finished loading.
I hope that helps!

Hope that helps! :lmao: