DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need Major Help Creating a New Helmet

Kyle8497

Hello, so I've decided to start the trek that is creating a new piece of armor, in my case a new helmet. My journey only started today so I still need loads of help.

What I have completed so far: created a mesh for the helmet with textures and collision and imported it into the Creation Kit.

What I need help with: getting the textures to actually work (Says I'm missing Texture Sets and is light purple instead of my texture), creating a biped version, and physics (?) (in-game, when I walk into it it doesn't react to me, it just sits there)

My words cannot describe how extraordinarily grateful I'd be to everyone that helps me achieve this. I want to learn how to create new things like this but I can't start if there's no one to teach me.

Thank you.

Actually, my tutorial series is going to be much more helpful, as it pertains to armor and not weapons. ;)

Kyle, without knowing what steps you took to create your helmet, it's difficult to even begin to help explain where it went wrong. A few things I can tell you is that helmets do not need collision, and if it doesn't move with you, then it's not correctly skinned or properly created in the CK to be an actual armor item.

Please, read through the tutorial, and I'll be glad to help when you get stuck. :)