DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Tamriellic Craftworks

Oriius

LogoMain.png

Rather than clutter up the forum with more and more WIP threads, I've decided to merge all of them into one under the Tamriellc Craftworks name. I've kept the old OPs for those who wish to read, though both are under spoiler tags to prevent them from cluttering up the thread).

Tamriellic Craftworks is an expansion on the idea behind my Tamriellic Glassworks mod for Oblivion; It is intended as an aesthetic overhaul of Skyrim, based on the concepts of region, culture and materials. For the moment this mod will focus on weapons, clutter and banners, but may eventually be expanded to cover other elements such as armour and architecture (we'll have to see how far those get, as my free time is hardly infinite)

This project takes its art and aesthetic direction from a variety of sources including Credo by ActusReus, The Witcher series produced by CDProjektRed, medieval art, and of course the length and breadth of The Elder Scrolls series by Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax. This means that I have a rich tapestry to draw upon, though my primary focus is on believable art that first in a medieval world with elements of later points in history (a more Victorian look to mass-produced glassware for example).

The first planned release for the mod will include the following:

• Replacement of all drink bottles found in-game.
  • Whiterun-Style hunting knife (total of 144 blades based on the same shape, varying by material, colour and quality).
  • Hunterborn Compatibility Patch.
  • Whiterun-Style Arrows (Broadhead, Armour-Piercing, Serrated, Hunting) and quivers (16 variations by material, colour and quality)
  • New crafting items for producing the new TCW items.
  • New books detailing the new TCW items (also required in player inventory for crafting).

Hunter's Edge OP:

Me again.

Wow, a lot happened in the last few weeks. For those who are wondering, no there has been no additional progress on Archer's Paradox; I haven't forgotten about it, however I'll freely admit that a tornado touching down a few hundred yards from my house somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for modelling something that travels on the wind. Still enjoy hunting in Skyrim though, which gave me an idea for yet another one of my current projects.

I've been a fan of Hunterborn by unuroboros for quite a long time now, and haven't played a build of Skyrim without it since discovering it. But for all the great strides that it made in both concepts in systems, I always found it distinctly lacking in visual assets to back the idea up. Hunting knives for example; those found in the mod rely on Bethesda's original dagger meshes that shipped with the game, however none of them really read as a purpose-built tool for carving up one's prey after the hunt; rather they look like what they were intended to be, which is a set of tools to disembowel one's opponent on the field of battle.

I've created a grand total of 120 new knives thus far for the player to carry into the hunt. These range across levels of expense (common for the average hunter, expensive for the rich merchant, extravagant for the nobleman and exquisite for the most demanding jarl), material type (10 materials total, each originally developed as part of the Craftworks metaproject), and 3 colour choices for the leather attachment on the sheath.  The first set of knives created are in the Whiterun style, and are modelled off of the Finnish puuko knife (a type of belt knife). At the moment, all meshes and textures for the knives are finished (on a side note, the missing material masters required for Archer's Paradox have also been completed, enabling me to move forward on that project as well). All weapons are also implemented in the game, though I am having trouble getting them to work with Hunterborn (I have reached out to unoroboros for help on the subject). That being said, they function perfectly well without Hunterborn support, and I will probably make an optional esp without the aforementioned mod. All that's really left is to create the dye meshes and textures, along with a book detailing how to craft the knives.

I'll leave you all with one screenshot for now; a collage of images from the iron knife (quality goes from high to low with exquisite on the left and common on the right). I'll post more at a later time, but I confess that I've never been terribly good at taking ingame screenshots. Also, I am going to need beta testers soon, so if anyone is interested, please contact me.

Archer's Paradox OP:

Hello everyone. I go by the name Oriius.

I've been a modder for many years and released a number of projects including "Tamriellic Glassworks" and "Ranger's Shroud Armour" for Oblivion, as well as surprisingly successful "The Elder Scrolls V Rewritten: Arvak" for Skyrim (still an ongoing project). I also have a number of project that I consistantly rotate through depending on what ideas I feel like exploring at any given time; most of these have been hampered by issues with getting Blender to play nicely with Skyrim's NIF format. Thanks to InsanitySorrow helping me work out the last kinks in the export process, I can finally move forward, so I've decided to press on with something I conceptualized a few months ago:

Like a lot of people I was hyped for the release of Eidos Montreal's reboot of the Thief franchise. I'l admit that my experience with actually playing the earlier game consisted of five minutes in Deadly Shadows before my computer threw a temper-tantrum, but always loved the concept and one of my favourite mods from Oblivion was a mod based on the same sort of concept (Thieves Arsenal by Scruggs). I looked at all of this and thought "why couldn't it be done in Skyrim?". After all, we were already part-way there with Dawnguard's exploding Bolts. So I took it upon myself to expand the archer's arsenal with some craft-able goodies for the player to make use of.

Skyrim's current crafting system is something of a joke (I suspect I will never fully understand Bethesda's infatuation with scrolling menus), and the fact that the player couldn't craft projectiles when the original game launched proved to be an irritation to a number of players (particularly as certain arrow types are scarce while materials can often be plentiful). 

The goal of this project is a ground-up reinterpretation of Skyrim's fletching system (or lack thereof) featuring modular arrow construction with a wide variety of materials and features. 

Planned Features:

Core Module:

• Fletching kit to act as a mobile crafting station to assemble arrows.
  • Knife to act as a mobile crafting station for arrow shafts.
  • Ability to craft arrow components at pre-existing crafting stations (forge and tanning rack).
  • Wide variety of arrowheads with different functions including distraction, armor penetration, bleeding, poisoning, knockout, poison delivery and explosive delivery.
  • Ability to craft arrowheads in all styles in all materials available in game.
  • Ability to make alchemical compounds for syringe and exploding arrows (poisons and silver extract for the former, fire, frost, shock poison and knockout gas for the latter)
  • Customization of arrows based on ability (different flights to determine arrow performance, ability to find arrows in the dark, etc)

Dawnguard Module:

• Alteration to suntouched/bloodcursed arrow scripts to allow blessing and bleeding of arrowheads rather than full elven arrows).
  • New materials added for each faction ("sunsteel" for Dawnguard, "grimsteel" for vampires made from smelted Death Hound collars).
  • New quests for Dawnguard faction (rediscovery of alchemical formulas for "sunsteel' material and "sunburst" exploding arrow compound)
  • New alchemical compounds for exploding arrows ("sunburst" for Dawnguard, "bloodmark" for Volkihar, both acting as weaker variants for their enchanted cousins)
  • New archivist NPC to implement quest for alchemical formulas (may be tied into another module from a related project)
  • Bolt creation using fletching station. Less variety of boltheads than arrowheads due to differences in how the crossbow deals damage.

Dragonborn Module:

• New material types added for player to use (Heartstone and Stalhrim)
  • New alchemical compounds for exploding arrows (Petrification, Corrosion)

Possible expansion beyond original project:

• Custom interface for arrow creation (not sure if possible; further research is required).
  • Regional styles for certain arrows (I wrote a long essay of the subject of regionality in Skyrim on the now-defunct Skyrim Real Estate forums. Suffice to say that it is my belief that Skyrim needs more regionality in its crafting. Only arrows likely to be covered by this are Broadhead, Armour-Piercing and Barbed, along with regional quivers in multiple materials. This would require separating the quiver from the arrows along with scripting to only allow the player to equip arrows when the have a quiver).

At present I'm at the asset creation stage; I've completed the mesh for the exploding arrow and the steel texture is nearly completed with only a few touchups left to be done. Other materials will not be far behind. For the moment I am focusing on the core module. Only when it is either completed or near completion will I move forward on the other two.

Screenshots:

May 29th, 2014

0001.png

0002.png

0003.png

0007.png

0008.png

0009.png

0010.png

0011.png

0012.png

0013.png

May 30th, 2014

0014.png

0015.png

0016.png

May 31st, 2014

0017.png

0018.png

0019.png

0021.png

0022.png

0023.png

0024.png

June 2nd, 2014

0025.png

0026.png

0027.png

0028.png

0029.png

0030.png

0031.png

0032.png

0033.png

0034.png

0035.png

0036.png

0037.png

0038.png

0039.png

0040.png

0041.png

0042.png

0043.png

0044.png

0045.png

0046.png

July 10th, 2014

0001.png

July 14th, 2014

0002.png

0003.png

0004.png

0005.png

0006.png

0007.png

Edited by Oriius

Project's moving ahead nicely; got most of the issues with the assets ironed out, and the plugin is going well. I've been in contact with unuroboros who has agreed to help me set up support for Hunterborn. I'll try and get screenshots of some of the new assets up within the hour. *EDIT* They're up. See the first post for details.

I'm still tweaking the glass refraction and a bad bake on the glass bottle caps has left the texture with an odd sort of nipple. Hopefully a re-bake will iron that out. Also I'm not fully satisfied with the moonsteel texture; looks a little too similar to ebony, so I'll be playing with that as well.

I'm aiming to have a release-candidate ready for Wednesday (famous last words, I know), along with a tentative release date for Saturday, so the need for testers is going to be paramount; If you are interested, please contact me at your earliest convenience; given how badly I've butchered a couple of my releases over the years, I really would appreciate the help in making sure that this thing is ready for prime time.

Edited by Oriius

Most of my work this last couple of days has been in the Creation Kit, so not much to show visually. I did, however finalize the labels for the dye, fix the issues with the Moonsteel texture, added two new materials; one for each DLC (Grimsteel for Dawnguard, Stalhrim for Dragonborn) and created a design for the ink bottle. Still on the fence about the design of the bottle though; glass seems a little thick in places. I may yet go back and edit the rim and stopper.

0008.png

0009.png

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't stop this last month, though finally finding some work has slowed me down somewhat. I've elected merge everything together under the Tamriellic Craftworks name. I've been working in particular on bottle this last couple of weeks; trying to get the meshes and textures just right. Unfortunately, as I have discovered, Bethesda still hasn't fixed the alpha channel problem, causing any double-transparency mesh to partially disappear when viewed from a certain angle; so it's back to bottles containing opaque fluids again! (uhg). On a plus note, the refraction has made my job remarkably easier... at least when it works (it suffers from the same alpha problem unfortunately). The label on the Black-Briar Mead bottle isn't final, however I am having trouble finding the font used for the original (and I have no plans to redesign the Black-Briar logo). I've also been redoing the faction banners, since they help to define the aesthetic for each culture and faction.

0002.png

0003.png

Edited by Oriius