DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

save path disappeared

Tigersong

Hello. I just had something unusual happen to my installation of Oblivion.

I'd just downloaded a few mods (namely, Exnem and Robert's Male/Female) and went back to load my file. When I went to the load menu, there were no files.

I then looked at the game's .ini file and found- no file path! All it said on the relevant line was SLocalSavePath=Saves\

What's going on here? I should note that I installed Oblivion using the Game of the Year disc, but I'm playing with a 5th Anniversary disc. Might that have something to do with the problem?

Before I forget, here's my load order:

Oblivion.esm

Knights.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

Think to Yourself.esp

Edited by Tigersong

are you using Windows7 or 8 and have installed Oblivion to the the default directory? Big mistake. 

install path for the game shouldn't matter in this instance, as saves, and various other information isn't stored there in any event, its all in the my games folder....

If that stuff isn't there...... then you need to find out where it went. You can search your drive for .ess files, and see what it comes up with..... windows does some odd and strange things on occasion.....

I'm using Windows 7, and the game is installed in C:\Bethesda Softworks. Going to take HeyYou's suggestion now.

That's weird. There's an Oblivion save in my "readme" folder.

Problem solved. I had the game regenerate its .ini file, then moved my save to the appropriate folder.

Edited by Tigersong