DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Cannot connect to Bethsoft forum or site

The folks you talk to on the phone, seldom have a full picture of what is going on in the company.....

That said, it may have been someone downstream from them as well. One break in the chain, and the connection evaporates. :D

It's not people I had on the phone; I hate phone, I always use email to report a problem. Anyway, they said they had ran tests on my line and detected nothing wrong with it. Maybe Beth did something but I'll never know; GStaff probably doesn't know himself. Oh well, connection is back now. :D

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 2 weeks later...

Are any of you guys using Opera Mini? If so, you won't be able to connect to Bethesda's sites. Opera Mini (I'm not sure about the other Opera browsers) use proxies to connect and Bethesda has blocked the proxies. This is permanent and has been the case for quite a while.

Are any of you guys using Opera Mini? If so, you won't be able to connect to Bethesda's sites. Opera Mini (I'm not sure about the other Opera browsers) use proxies to connect and Bethesda has blocked the proxies. This is permanent and has been the case for quite a while.

Blocked the proxies? That what I used to connect out there while I couldn't do it the normal way. I'm using Firefox.

It's the specific proxies that Opera uses. My site partner has had this issue for at least a year, if not longer.

Do you have a dynamic IP? I've also had trouble when my dynamic IP changed to something that Beth has blocked. I looked it up and found that it was on a couple of bad lists. While I had that IP, I had to use a proxy to connect as well.

So Beth has blocked a variety of IP's and if you find yourself not getting any response from the site, it's possible you've stumbled on a bad one and need to find a way to use a different one.

@LadyontheMoon - your problem was probably solved because your IP has been removed from the list of blocked ones. Where do you live? Somewhere in New York? At least this was the case for me.

Gstaff helped me really. It paid off to leave him PM. :)

jQt9Vmz.png

If you have a dynamic IP, then it may have rolled over on its own. You can use WhatismyIP? to see what your IP is. If you find yourself blocked again, then see if your IP has changed. If so, you can send a note to Gstaff.

Forums running a licensed version of IP.Board have a service called the Spam Prevention Service. It checks the IP when someone registers against a series of spam databases and bans the IP automatically if it's listed. So you may find you are fine for a while and then suddenly you're blocked. This is the downside with dynamic IP's.

Looking over your profile, unless something has changed recently, you do indeed have a dynamic IP address. Just a fairly long lease on it. You have used a total of 7 different addresses since January of this year.

I don't know what you're talking about; I have only one IP and it's been the same since months; it comes with the box I'm using and it changes only when I get a new one. My current box is more than a year old.

Well, I just took a look at my box and it show a new Ip address. Okay, something has changed and I don't know why... My provider hasn't inform me.

Well, I  just re installed Windows 7; could that be related?

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Most ISP's simply assign a dynamic IP address. Reason they do this is because they may have more customers, than they do available address. (not so much of an issue any more) That, and they like to charge more for a static IP address. :) So, if it shows up on your bill as static, might wanna have a chat with 'em.

Also, lease time varies from provider to provider. Some will assign you an address, with a non-expiring lease. So your address won't change unless you reboot your router/modem, whichever actually gets the IP address. Others will let you have it for a few hours/days/weeks/whatever, and then force a change. I have only had one provider that actually assigned static addresses as standard procedure..... but, that was a local company, that consisted of all of three people, and only provided service within range of their towers.

At least, that's how it works here in the states.... I have no clue if they do things differently in Europe. :D I know your prices are a hell of a lot cheaper than ours... for better service...... :D

• Upvote 1

... At least, that's how it works here in the states.... I have no clue if they do things differently in Europe. :D I know your prices are a hell of a lot cheaper than ours... for better service...... :D

Thanks for the explanation. My isp is not exactly cheap. I pay about 35 € per month for a 100 mbits cable unlimited connexion (I don't know what you call that in English) plus telephone. I don't regret though: average download speed for Skyrim: 10 mb/s. ;)

• 8 months later...