DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Insane Texturing Issue

jamochawoke

Ok, I'm going bonkers at this point. I have wasted all day yesterday and all last night and this morning trying to figure this out.

I was making an animated door. I had the thing completed, textures and everything and was mildly pleased with the work. I felt it lacked something. So I went digging through my files and found a Bethesda vanilla .nif of an ayleid exterior door (ARDoor01.nif in exterior folder listed as ARDoor01b in the TESCS) and thought to myself "hey man this is gonna be exceptional if I could combine the fluting in the middle with my door. It would look pretty sweet!" 

So I go about chopping up my door mesh so I could add the one wall with the fluting on it. It had some pretty complex uv mapping on the door and several materials. I wanted to save the UV mapping so I wouldn't have to re-map everything (UV mapping is giving me severe headaches, especially working with Bethesda's weird meshes). Once I got everything together and the UV mapping all on the same image file I then deleted all the extraneous materials and made a new material with the image I wanted that it was mapped to.

However, no matter what I do in Blender it saves it with 2 materials as one in the object. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. When I go to export the door it shows up using the separate materials but in nifskope it only shows one material and texture for the object. But if I delete the texture in nifskope you can clearly see two materials showing up. 

I then tried deleting the material linked to the object in Blender and then exporting and re-importing. It worked! Except I've lost all that complicated UV mapping that Bethesda did :(((((

So I am now wondering if there is any way to delete that extra material that isn't showing up but is obviously showing up in Blender/Nifskope/Game without losing all the mapping?

cdCxlzQ.jpg

9CQ14Oz.jpg

Well. I figured it out (this always happens right when I lose all hope and ask for help lmao :/ ). 

Vertex Colors. That mesh had vertex colors on them. 

Unfortunately when I saved it to show in Nifskope I saved over my original so I had to use a backed up file and redo the whole process anyways :/.