DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Skin partition for necklace refuses to export from Blender

fadingsignal

Hello!  As a learning test, I made a modified necklace by simply replacing the amulet circle with a different shape.  I followed the armor tutorial closely, since they are so close.

For amulets there is only 1 skin partition block in the NIF (SBP_35_AMULET), which is the whole object, and 3 bones.  I created a vertex group, and named it BP_BRAIN per the Fallout > Skyrim chart, but it never ends up in the NIF.  All of the bones / weight copies from the original instance of the object and makes its way into the NIF just fine, but it's missing the BSDismemberSkinInstance block to tie it all together, so it just ends up being invisible in game.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do, and I scoured Google / forums trying to find a specific amulet tutorial for Skyrim, to no avail.

I spent 6 hours going in circles, it feels like such a ridiculous thing to be stuck on, but I don't want to quit trying to make mesh mods yet (though I'm getting quite close :P)

Thanks!

Edited by fadingsignal

What does show up on your exported nif then? (pictures, pictures, pictures)

Make sure you have the option Export Dismember Body Parts selected on your export screen. I'd also suggest changing your vertex group name to BP_TORSO (just as a generic name) and redoing it.

What does show up on your exported nif then? (pictures, pictures, pictures)

Make sure you have the option Export Dismember Body Parts selected on your export screen. I'd also suggest changing your vertex group name to BP_TORSO (just as a generic name) and redoing it.

Thanks again for the reply!  It ended up being that the armature was getting lost somewhere in the process.  I put a couple hours into really dissecting a working model in Blender, and using the (amazingly useful) Outliner View, I was able to quickly figure out where things went wrong when comparing side-by-side.  I made new vertex groups, and made a new armature to connect it all, and voila!