DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

headgear: from blender to skyrim.

delta19

So im trying to make a pair of sunglasses for my kitty and, so far i have a pair that i would like to try out. The only problem is the only tutorials i can find are for armor and not headgear. Anyone here able to point me towards something that can help me in this endeavor?

i have the following programs

nifskope 1.1.3

blender 2.7

blender 2.49 with the nif plugins

gimp for texturing

and the CK.

The process would be exactly the same as my armor tutorial, except using the head nif and not the body nif.

Have you tried it? Is there some point you're having difficulty with?

the whole thing, it only talks about the body partitions and not head.

for this im using a circlet because from my understanding its the only head object that sits that high up and doesnt cover anything. 

ok so for body and head theres 3 skin partitions. every armor needs to have one.

correct?

due to the state of the nif plugins we have to fix the partitions so that the CK can use them.

correct?

part three is basic and dont need clarification.

the first five steps are easy but, i never learned how to import textures and what not in to blender. do i really need them if im just going to replace the mesh?

ok i didnt edit enough to add a head.

ok add a new head and follow part 4 section 1 2-4 and delete only the bp torso and copy bone weight at 0 quality.

ok so far every thing look right, right? this is what im told to do.

ok my glasses now have the weights so delete the head.

and part 4 section 4 im lost because what its telling me to do only applies to the body and not the head.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/114-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-part-4-modifying-an-existing-nif-in-blender/

Sorry for the delay, delta19. How's it working out? To answer your questions....

ok so for body and head theres 3 skin partitions. every armor needs to have one.
correct?

Correct. Every piece of armor/clothing needs at least one partition.

due to the state of the nif plugins we have to fix the partitions so that the CK can use them.
correct?

Correct.

the first five steps are easy but, i never learned how to import textures and what not in to blender. do i really need them if im just going to replace the mesh?

This tutorial I just wrote will help you the next time to add materials and textures in Blender.
http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4022-skyrim-blender-basics-add-materials-and-textures-to-nifs/

and part 4 section 4 im lost because what its telling me to do only applies to the body and not the head

Ok, Part 4, Section 4 is creating the skin partition. For your purposes, just create one partition for the entire object, and name it BP_HEAD for now. (per the body part reference sheet)
http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/117-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-skin-partitions-body-parts-biped-objects-reference-sheet/

Part 4, Step 5, when it says to import the malebody_0.nif, you want to import the malehead.nif again, with Import Skeleton Only + Parent Selected checked. Continue exporting.

We're now into Part 5, Step 2 - cleaning up in NifSkope. #3 is where we change the skin partition name. Per the reference sheet, change this to SBP_42_Circlet. Continue on. When you create the new object in the CK, use the Circlet slot. This does mean that your new glasses cannot be worn with circlets.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the delay, delta19. How's it working out? To answer your questions....

Correct. Every piece of armor/clothing needs at least one partition.

Correct.

This tutorial I just wrote will help you the next time to add materials and textures in Blender.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4022-skyrim-blender-basics-add-materials-and-textures-to-nifs/

Ok, Part 4, Section 4 is creating the skin partition. For your purposes, just create one partition for the entire object, and name it BP_HEAD for now. (per the body part reference sheet)

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/117-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-skin-partitions-body-parts-biped-objects-reference-sheet/

Part 4, Step 5, when it says to import the malebody_0.nif, you want to import the malehead.nif again, with Import Skeleton Only + Parent Selected checked. Continue exporting.

We're now into Part 5, Step 2 - cleaning up in NifSkope. #3 is where we change the skin partition name. Per the reference sheet, change this to SBP_42_Circlet. Continue on. When you create the new object in the CK, use the Circlet slot. This does mean that your new glasses cannot be worn with circlets.

Hope that helps.

looks like it will but, i cant play skyrim anymore. i'll still get the nif done and see if i can find someone with a play-through going on i can use to test.

Awesome! I was going to mention the hair but you got it. The only other thing is the purple "I have no texture" look. Or is that on purpose?

poc so didnt waste the time.

LMcdSKj.jpg

this is the finished product. 

thanks for the help getting to this point!

1857fd2753.jpg

Edited by delta19