DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Nif Mashup Help Needed!

gryphon_aerie

I started learning how to mod about a month ago, having gotten my feet wet with Jaxonz Positioner and moving static objects around to customize my Lakeside Manor to fit my own wants and needs after not finding a home already made by another modder that felt 'right'. I have managed to figure out a lot of the more complex tasks in building a structure, but when I go to fill it with awesome things I would like to be able to have my own custom containers and such with their own nifs, instead of just manually placing them together in the Creation Kit.

From everything I have watched, seen, and read, making a custom nif mashup is one of the simplest things to do in the entire world (so far as modding is concerned), but whenever I take NifSkope and put two NiTriShape branches under a single BSFadeNode it looks GREAT in NifSkope, but is completely unable to load in the Creation Kit. I am getting the typical error where instead of showing the object it shows the red triangle with the white exclamation mark.

Just to note, I have unpacked all of the BSA, and the only mod I have installed right now is Alternate Start, other than that I have fully patched and DLC's Vanilla Skyrim.

I'm not looking to have someone do the work for me, I just would like to have some help figuring out where I am going wrong. Of all the places I have visited this site seems to be one of the best collections of knowledgeable modders that might have an idea of what's wrong.

I now feel ridiculous, yet relieved at the same time... one of the Nifs I made crashes CK, but the other works just fine after a re-boot. As with many things Computer, 'shut up and reboot' is often the panacea needed.

Thank you very much for that advise, I was having a test esp open and trying to immediately test the Nifs I was making.