DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Can we make animation forums?

jamochawoke

I'd really love to see some animation forums for the different games. Even though I'm pretty much Oblivion specific right now I've had to learn a lot of things simply by endless grinding hours of trial and error and following obscure tutorials on YouTube with half the information needed for the game...

Most of the sites for Oblivion have been taken down or merged with other sites and the information was lost. I love how a lot of that information (although not close to all of it) has been saved here for other sections like modelling, texturing, the CS, et cetera. But nothing on animation.

It's the most difficult part of modding (especially when you get into particle systems and moving particle systems which I'm still scratching my head at) to get into for most people and I feel the forums here would be well served by them. 

I can add a bit of content myself to get things rolling.

There's seven types of animation to Oblivion so perhaps organizing a forum in that way would help: Animated Statics (one looping animation), Animated Activators (multiple animations attached to one object that have separate names called by object scripts, this also includes traps), Havok-enabled statics (no played animation but player activated physics, although also present on some traps), Rigged and animkeyed animations (for NPC's and creatures), texture animations (moving paintings and the like), cinematics (you can do anything with this as its basically just a movie file you create that plays), and particle system animation (this includes spell effects and other magical endeavors).

Edited by jamochawoke
  • Upvote 1