DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Introductions: Vereta

Vereta

Hey,

I'm Vereta and I aim to become a seasoned voice actor/modder for Oblivion and for the next generation of the Elder Scrolls series. I'm a high school student (relaxing at the moment.) and I have a lot of time on my hands as I'm only beginning my second year. I hope to learn a lot from this site and hope that it becomes successful. I'd also like to thank DarkRider for the invitation and the creation of this website, the TESAlliance. Thanks, dude.

I also have a few questions. First, how do I sign up for the Voice Actor Project/Can I join? I don't have the gear yet besides some software, but I do plan to get some. I'll probably get some gear by the end of the year, but right now I'm broke. Second, is the showcase tab in the download section for voice acting examples?

Also, I'd like to suggest a few things about the website. First, I like what you did with the sounds, but it gets annoying when you load a page and the header seems to make a sharp noise and it startled me at first. I'd keep it for when you enter the website, but exclude it when you go to the forums/downloads. I'd also seems that the downloads sections layout is a little bland.

~Vereta

Welcome, Vereta!  I'm sure that by now DR has enlightened you with the minutiae of joining the VAP, so I won't repeat him.

If he hasn't contacted you yet, just take a look at the stickies in the VAP forum.  They'll lead you to the answers you need.

I don't have speakers connected to my computer ( only use headphones when I want sound ) so I can't comment on your sound issue.  And the downloads section could use a little color, I suppose.

Anyway, welcome!  :gather:

I also have a few questions. First, how do I sign up for the Voice Actor Project/Can I join? I don't have the gear yet besides some software, but I do plan to get some. I'll probably get some gear by the end of the year, but right now I'm broke.

Yes, The Voice Actor's Project is an open group. Like grond said, there are instructions on how to join in the first forum thread "What is The Project? Start Here!" You just follow the sign up instructions and you'll be made a member. You don't need any fancy gear. Just a mic and the sound edit software (we use a freeware program called Audacity). You can pick up a mic at your local store for anywhere from $10-30 easily enough, and that's the only equipment you need!

Second, is the showcase tab in the download section for voice acting examples?

No, the Showcase is for new mods that the TES Alliance Team has tested and enjoyed, sort of a highlights section. Your voice samples will be archived in the VAP thread "The Archive" the sticky posts there will tell you what to do!

Also, I'd like to suggest a few things about the website. First, I like what you did with the sounds, but it gets annoying when you load a page and the header seems to make a sharp noise and it startled me at first. I'd keep it for when you enter the website, but exclude it when you go to the forums/downloads.

Yeah, the nav sounds are a bit startling at times, they are the default sounds. I'm working on reducing or eliminating them from certian sections!  :gather:

I'd also seems that the downloads sections layout is a little bland.

We heartily agree! The downloads section is still under construction. The Alliance isn't at full functionality yet, but we'll get it there!

Good questions!

• 1 month later...