DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Missing Notifications and Validation Emails

DarkRider

Missing Notifications & Validation Emails

ccc4f5eb-def8-426b-a19e-b2c0da86de2e_zps

Hey Folks,

We've been tracking a gnarly bug on TESA (and over on our sister site druidgameworks.com) where our members are not receiving notification emails or validation emails on registration. It's taken some tracking to finally figure out the cause, but we have it, and we are working with our site host on a fix. Seems part of our host's server network has ended up on Windows/Hotmail/Live's block list and is blocking any incoming mail from our host altogether. If you have an alternate email address you are welcome to change the address in your profile or registration form to circumvent the block immediately. If you'd like to continue using your Windows/Hotmail/Live email address, a fix is coming soon. :good:

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused we should have things resolved quickly and appreciate your stellar patience and assistance. :salute:

DarkRider and the TESA Team

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update here. It seems like our whole server is still being blocked by hotmail. In the last month alone, some of our most active uses received 1000+ emails from our board due to their high volume activity and this may have landed us on Hotmail's blacklist. :scary:

We are working with our host to get the blacklisting removed, but it would help if all @hotmail and @live users turned off email notifications for private messages until it's resolved. Also if you receive email notifications for active boards you follow, please set them to Daily Digest so that you only receive one email per day from followed boards. Even though you're not receiving the emails, Hotmail IS and they are continuing to see us as a spam threat.

We'll keep you posted on any developments :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to add that this appears to still be somewhat of an issue.  I've been attempting to validate an account that I registered (SN = Draninus) with my Gmail account for a couple of weeks but haven't been able to get the validation email to go through.  I didn't notice this post initially because when logged in as SN = Draninus I couldn't access any of the site since my account wasn't validated.  I saw this post while viewing the site without logging in and so I decided to attempt to register with my Yahoo! account.  It worked on the first try.

This is definitely not a complaint.  Just looking to help out the community by getting my experience out there!  :good: