DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

SCK and Mod Organizer help...

Gutmaw

Heya, brand new to TESA, and been getting more into Skyrim modding.  Watched a ton of the CK videos, checked out STEP on the subject, got the whole 32bit papyrus thing working, but having a hard time getting info on some basic modding using CK via MO.  Few questions...

1)  I cant find all the vanilla Skyrim meshes in CK, and I assume that's because I need to unpack the main Skyrim Meshes BSA to be able to view and use them?  

1a)  If that is correct, where do I extract the Skyrim Meshes file to...there's no "skyrim" folder in my MO "mods" folder.   Do I create a new "Skyrim" folder there and add Meshes file (or add as a mod to MO), or do I create a Meshes folder in my Skyrim Apps/Skyrim/data folder as that's where the Skyrim meshes BSA is located?

1b) If I unpack these meshes will that screw up anything...load order overwriting, etc?  

...same question as above for the DLC BSA also in the Skyrim folder...

Also, wondering if there's a way to find an experienced modder as a mentor...searching through the numerous videos/blogs/forums normally eventually works, but I'm an impatient guy :)

Thanks!

Jeff

No, no, and yes ....so, just no.

It is not a good idea to unpack your .bsa's and it is not necessary at all. The CK can read directly from the .bsa's. When you say "I cant find all the vanilla Skyrim meshes in CK" you'll need to be more specific about what it is you're looking for and at. It most likely has nothing to do with the fact you're using MO.

And welcome to TESA. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thx Hanaisse!   Still unable to see any .nif or .dds files unless I unpack the BSA's for Skyrim, DLCs, mods, etc.   Reading some other places others are saying that need to unpack if using Mod Organizer...can't find any solutions out there.